GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone looked at / bought / installed the Harman Motive mid-pipe (Y-pipe to us limeys!)? It seems to be getting very good feedback on Nagtroc (excellent quality, great sound, no drone etc.), and it sounds GREAT :)

Looks like I will be over in LA mid-August (business) so I'm thinking about picking one up...

·
Registered
669 Posts
Yes of the many Y pipes I have read about it's the one that has grabbed my attention. Looks great, sonds great, and seems to do very well for "no drone" feedback.

I do not think it is distributed in the UK, so picking one up might be a good idea, however quite large and you might end up paying quite a lot to get it over here?

Rich

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do not think it is distributed in the UK, so picking one up might be a good idea, however quite large and you might end up paying quite a lot to get it over here?

Rich
Rich - do you mean excess baggage or VAT/duty?

Baggage should be fine - provided I can wrap the exhaust to protect it from damage it can go in the hold (its only 7kg). Duty is 2.5% and VAT is then payable on top; at current prices / exchange rates this means around £425 for the exhaust (out in LA) and then another £75 in duty/VAT...

... unless I can convince Harman Motive to sell it to me for $499 rather than $699 - in which case it will be under the £340 duty free limit :)

·
Registered
669 Posts
Yes I meant all of the above. However so long as you have planned it then a good idea. Did not realise the limit from the States was so high, must have gone up since I brought something back.

Rich

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah - limit for goods outside the EU went up to £340 from January this year...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Harmon are selling these on ebay.. I have asked for a quote to get one over as I think it sounds fantastic. If there are a few of us that want one maybe we can get a decent deal on shipping?

·
Registered
634 Posts
This is My GTR - My pals 67 Charger RT and my other pals Saleen Stang - I think my Y-Pipe sounds good but check out the two chasing me.

Kp

·
Registered
634 Posts
mega! who won the sprint?
Who do you think ? The yanks might have big power but the GTR is a traction monster. The stang is fast from 50 to 140 with it's supercharged V8 but in anything other than a straight line fight they are toast and even then off the line the GTR wins.

Still the two cars from the US of A make a wicked noise.

Kp

·
Registered
25,963 Posts
there are quite a few aftermarket ones out there now (definitely in japan anyways)

shipping is always the tricky part

as its large & you encounter VAT issues

thats why we ship by container ;-)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts