GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see gt-rs almost everyday here in tokyo but have yet to see a spec-v just driving on the road. Seems to me Nissan completely cocked this one up and just didn't make it special enough for the price. personally, if i did see one i would make a point of laughing at the owner for getting to incredibly ripped off. which leads to to my next question: what the hell is nissan going to do with the spec-v's in stock and all the parts to go with them? firesale? maybe they're going to introduce a new model end of this year which finally makes it worthwhile to own.

they're already cracking down on gt-r owners here by putting a speed limiter into the transmission. i for one will be rejecting that little software update thank you very much. my car, my tranny, f'off nissan.

·
Registered
556 Posts
they're already cracking down on gt-r owners here by putting a speed limiter into the transmission. i for one will be rejecting that little software update thank you very much. my car, my tranny, f'off nissan.
You are on v7 transmission, right? From what I understand, the first time you try to exceed 180km/h, it would cut in, but subsequent times, you should have no issue. (This happens everytime the ignition is turned on).

I understand v9 JDM is the same.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Speed limiter in the trans? This is getting ridiculous. Is it just for the R35 or every sports car released by every manufacturer? Makes no sense.

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Nope, cos there is only one Spec V outside Japan and that is in Germany at the moment testing at the ring !

Would have to agree about the price of the car it's so flippin silly and if I had over a £110k to spend on a car I would just buy 2 GTR's LOL

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
There are Spec-V's in Brunei, HK, Singapore, Thailand

yup correct about the speed limiters in the TCM. Nissan JP knows most hackers can crack the engine ecu speed limiter so moved it to the TCM now, just means a little longer hacking time

There was also a new speed limiter in the UK car once you reflash the ecu, again cracked within a few days. So why bother Nissan just give it up.

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Sorry Ben I meant in the UK on the road here !

Yeah, Nissan are you not listening !!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts