GTR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as title says has anyone made a torque split controler which is safe to use on an r33 gtr v-spec setup yet?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Skylaband you can buy them from the GTR Shop, works a treat too :thumbsup:

Do a search plenty of info available on the forum

·
Registered
363 Posts
Skylaband you can buy them from the GTR Shop, works a treat too :thumbsup:

Do a search plenty of info available on the forum
very basic controller that uses linear modification of g-sensor signal...plow understeer using one of these. Our circuit car driven by former Australian Touring Car Champion saw a 2 second gain a lap using a Ruzic item.

Ruzic instructions are here...as you can see a very well engineered and developed product.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=47351

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
very basic controller that uses linear modification of g-sensor signal...plow understeer using one of these. Our circuit car driven by former Australian Touring Car Champion saw a 2 second gain a lap using a Ruzic item.

Ruzic instructions are here...as you can see a very well engineered and developed product.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=47351
I have one of these...Stunning piece of equipment!!

I also like the fact you can have two curves loaded, and have a switch to flick between them (I have the switch on my steering wheel, and have one curve set for high speed corners, and one for low speed....Fantastic!!)

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Must work on same principle though! It adjust's the signals to the G-Sensor to trick it into passing more or less power. Looks a good bit of kit, how much will one of these set you back?

Have driven my GTR with and without and the Skylab and I much prefer it with + easy enough to turn it up and down as required depending on whether etc...

·
Registered
363 Posts
when its fully adjustable ??? have you used one your self ?
yes...these type of controllers were built here years ago...lots of people including guys racing in improved production racing in aust have upgraded from the skylab type to the Ruzic controller with outstanding gains in regard to laptimes. The Skylab is the same output as using the Ruzic on Map1 with the scaling factor doing the same thing as turning the knob up and down....this should give you an idea of how much different and more advanced and tuneable the Ruzic item is.

I think the Ruzic items are about 225 GBP plus freight. but better to contact Ruzic Engineering to confirm current pricing.

·
Registered
26,775 Posts
there are also ones off the shelf like the Grid dancer

which we do for about £200 delivered

or you can get the older versions like HKS ETC etc or Blitz units for less

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
Must work on same principle though! It adjust's the signals to the G-Sensor to trick it into passing more or less power. Looks a good bit of kit, how much will one of these set you back?

Have driven my GTR with and without and the Skylab and I much prefer it with + easy enough to turn it up and down as required depending on whether etc...
The biggest difference is the adjustable curves. The Skylab type has a fixed/flat ramp on the 4x4, where as the Ruzic is adjustable.

...Check out the site to see the difference.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts