GTR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading this and quite fancy fitting one to my R33 GTR...

I assume that it will do the same thing for an R33 as it does in an R32. I know HKS make one but at £500+ it seems a bit pricey for what it is, has anyone else gone down the DIY route? I'm not technically able to build one, but would love to hear someone else is :)

I quite fancy having adjustable 4*4 that still retains the factory cars ability to vary the torque (and perhaps a RWD only mode too!)

Thanks

Jon

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes please - [email protected]

I've found someone who can build the PCB for me, and I may be able to get a few built if there is much interest (they'll be MUCH cheaper than the HKS/Blitz ones etc)!

Jon

·
Registered
127 Posts
Question?

Guys,

While your on the subject i have a G.R.I.D torque split controller lying un my loft and have never got round to fitting it..
Any ideas on who would be best to approach for fitting please..

Many Thanks

Stu

·
Registered
9,034 Posts
Re: Question?

Stu-R32 said:
Guys,

While your on the subject i have a G.R.I.D torque split controller lying un my loft and have never got round to fitting it..
Any ideas on who would be best to approach for fitting please..

Many Thanks

Stu
Stu,

Surely it's got to be your man Rod hasn't it?

Could come in quite handy on 4th August.....

Peter.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Torque split controller

Gary has the HKS one in the Beast,I`ve driven the car with it on but I am not sure why you would want one because it changes your car completely. Your Skylines handling characteristics go from the best to a Ford Capri in one twist of a knob:eek:

There are few of us that can handle our cars at the limit as they are.......Why upset the balance:(

What would you guys use it for?drag racing? I don`t believe Gary has had any luck using his.

Henry.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
HKS TORQUE CONTROLLER

WELL I HAVE ONE FITTED IN MY CAR ALSO

THE THING THAT IT IS GOOD FOR HENRY IS THAT YOU CAN SET IT SO THAT IT IS IN FULL TIME 4WD.
YOU CAN SET HOW MUCH GOES TO THE FRONT.
IT COMES INTO ITS OWN IN THE RAIN, IF YOU ARE DRIVING A GTR WITH OUT ONE FITTED
AND YOU ARE GOING INTO A CORNER FAST AND YOU LIFT OFF THE CAR GOES INTO RWD AND IT CAN UNDER STEER.
WITH THE TORQUE CONTROLLER TURNED ON WITH SAY 20%
GOING TO THE FRONT ALL THE TIME IT TURNS IN WITH NO UNDER STEER

YOU CAN ALSO SET IT WITH ANY MAX AMOUNT GOING TO THE FRONT
AND IT WILL NOT GO OVER WHAT YOU SET IT AT.
JUST LIKE DRIVING A WELL CONTROLLED RWD.THEN ON THE OTHER HAND YOU
CAN TURN A SWITCH AND YOU HAVE A CAR THAT IS 50/50 SPLIT
WITH FULL TIME 4WD

THEN YOU CAN SWITCH ALL THE POWER TO THE REAR
THIS IS NOT ADVISED WITH 550 BHP BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN THERE AND DONE IT :eek:

WELL WORTH EVERY PENNY

KEITH

·
Registered
997 Posts
Keith

I forgot you had one.

However, not for me mate.I get around the track OK and I don`t see how it could help me drag racing.

Henry

·
Registered
8 Posts
Don't have a Skyline, but I am an electronics engineer. If anybody needs any help with this I'll be happy to try and help them out.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I have got one on mine as well

and it was fitted by middlehurst as while ago.
Rod showed me how to use it once but I have never really played with it nor had the space to check out the characteristics of it.
Still as Keith says it should come in handy in the winter when the roads are a touchy edgy!!
Wish I had one last december!!!

NLW

1 - 14 of 14 Posts