GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help with some info:

I have had my car mapped on a MD mustang dyno (rolling road not hubs)which gives a wheel BHP figure but not a flywheel figure.....

has anyone had their car mapped on that dyno or similar with 360-370bhp at the wheels, and also have a flywheel bhp?

rather than make a guess as transmission losses vary greatly from who you ask - i will take the average of as many people that post below, cheers :bowdown1:

(on a side note, its running 600cc injectors, power fc, 1.0 bar of boost on N1-turbos and has hit the max flow rate of standard r34AFM's, anyone else the same?).

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
BHP

What boost are you running for that sort of figure.What other work has been done.

I have the following-PFC,600cc injectors, boost controller,oil cooler,exhaust,front pipes,decat, elbows, plugs, R34 N1 turbos ( later type ), hard pipe kit,FPR,uprated AFM`s,Splitfire coil packs and a few other little bits. I have been told i should make 500bhp comfortable if i get a set of cams and running around 1.2 bar.

I would have thought you would be around 450bhp at the flywheel.

Sorry just re-read your post your running 1 bar of boost.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Mustang dynos read LOW compared to other dynos. N1s and stock MAFs are good to 450hp. IIRC

Also Mustang Dynos are great for tuning and seeing what changes effect your car but if you want a HP number that everyone can relate to, take it to a dynojet shop.

The mustang dyno simulates real world conditions unlike most dynos that dont load you up properly and you end up fine tuning your maps once your on the road.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
donk - i read in one of your other posts you got 220hp atw standard boost on a mustang dyno, did you get a power figure for the run on 1 bar of boost? have you had it on any other dyno?

marky- i have a few other bits that help! but the short spec features the main bits that help make the power.......

anyone else got a MD mustang dyno power figure around the same? and/or has had the car dyno'd on another type of rolling road?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Thats correct. I have nothing at 1 bar. Just 10psi (whatever that is in Bar) on stock turbos.

·
Registered
520 Posts
33 gtr

My car made 360hp at the wheels on g sport dyno correlated to 439 hp at flywheel - steel turbos 1.4 bar / power fc / 600 inj / trust intercooler / std cams / tomei head gsaket

Thanks

Peter

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
I would say it would about 430bhp to 450bhp at the flywheel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts