GTR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping to find a nice R32 / R33 GTR shell to convert to RWD only for track usage. I have a well modded GTS-t but would prefer the more rigid shell and wider rear track of the GTR. Has anyone done this here?

·
Registered
279 Posts
not sure if there are any weight advantages in converting to 2wd, but pulling the 4wd fuse or installing a torque split converter mite be easier.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
If I understand correctly Chris wants to start with a bare shell, and move parts from the GTS-t over....?

Did you Email Adam about finding a shell in Japan?

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
My friend Tony had it on his BCNR33. It had a widebody kit on it.
The rear tires were 335/30 18 and it had a ton of grip. The front
drive shaft was removed. I see more guys doing it for drag purposes,
even on a few R34 GTR's.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I intend to get a 'grid dancer' installed in my GTR which will switch it from 4WD to 2WD from the dash. I belive this is for 1/4 mile warriors to enable burn outs.
As this kit runs at £400 ish this is a luxury as all my money is going on keeping the engine/car in tip top shape.
Does removing the 4WD fuse damage any of the drive chain?

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I want RWD for the huge weight savings, just need the GTR shell and subframes for the wider track and stiffer shell structure. I ran an R33 GTR as a track car for ages, but it was just too heavy and ate tyres, brakes and consumables at an amazing rate. The GTS-t is a lot kinder to brakes and tyres, and i find it more of a challenge to drive. Too much of one last year when i stuffed it into Oultons Old Hall barrier at high speed. It's fixed now.... :)

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
I recently sold me old engine to a chap whose R33 GTR had been converted to rear wheel drive, originally it had a corvette gear box for some reason but now has a gts-t box.
As far as i know its easy to just take out the front diff.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts