GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know the back of GTR's get dirty very quick, especially white ones with all the soot etc.

Some kid today has written on it with his finger, "clean me hunni, please"
As funny and harmless as it is for the kid, I'm now afraid this will have scratched the paintwork :( and will it be easy to buff out if it has?

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There was a thread in here before... Think it was a black one and it scratched the paint... I'm sure it was Griffiths detailing who polished it all out
I've tried a search, but could not find anything, do you remember the sub-section it was under?

·
Registered
924 Posts
There was a thread in here before... Think it was a black one and it scratched the paint... I'm sure it was Griffiths detailing who polished it all out
It was mine. Some prick my boss is matey with wrote on the back.

Kuro black and road grit = scratched badly.

Black is the softest and shows the worst, white is much better.

Chris Griffiths sorted it, back to perfect.

Don't worry too much Dean, just wash it carefully and get a bright light to it.

Probably be ok but failing that, Chris will sort it.

How much hassle stupid little wan£ers cause.

Hope it's ok Dean.

Satan.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It was mine. Some prick my boss is matey with wrote on the back.

Kuro black and road grit = scratched badly.

Black is the softest and shows the worst, white is much better.

Chris Griffiths sorted it, back to perfect.

Don't worry too much Dean, just wash it carefully and get a bright light to it.

Probably be ok but failing that, Chris will sort it.

How much hassle stupid little wan£ers cause.

Hope it's ok Dean.

Satan.
Just on the fourth page, seems you had it alot worse off than me, seeing the pics when it was cleaned was heartbreaking :( And it was not even my car.

Totally different scenario here, I was picking up a friend from the cinema. I was waiting in the lobby and some kids were around the car taking pics on their phones, so went outside just to make sure that was all. They started asking a load of questions about the car, I'm sure you have had all the same questions so won't get into that. They were decent kids, but as I come back out saw 2 stood at the back. Walked to the back to find it, and demanded who done it. He was fully outright that he did it, and was really sorry about it, after mentioning the soft paint and all that stuff. He was about 13-14 so not much else I could do legally or illegally lol. Just kids being kids, nothing rude was written just the usual clean me.

I just hope it ifs noticeable once clean, I can find a decent enough detailer within reasonable distance to me who can correct it.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Just on the fourth page, seems you had it alot worse off than me, seeing the pics when it was cleaned was heartbreaking :( And it was not even my car.

Totally different scenario here, I was picking up a friend from the cinema. I was waiting in the lobby and some kids were around the car taking pics on their phones, so went outside just to make sure that was all. They started asking a load of questions about the car, I'm sure you have had all the same questions so won't get into that. They were decent kids, but as I come back out saw 2 stood at the back. Walked to the back to find it, and demanded who done it. He was fully outright that he did it, and was really sorry about it, after mentioning the soft paint and all that stuff. He was about 13-14 so not much else I could do legally or illegally lol. Just kids being kids, nothing rude was written just the usual clean me.

I just hope it ifs noticeable once clean, I can find a decent enough detailer within reasonable distance to me who can correct it.
Yeah, I still owe that wan£er a lesson for that, but that's another story.

I'm sure it will be ok mate, white is much more forgiving but if not, a buff with fine compound will sort it for sure.

Keep us posted.

Satan.

545 Posts
Kuro black is crazy soft mate, yours ain't that bad plus you have gtechniq applied, ok not bullet proof but will help, if anything is there it shouldn't be bad at all!!

Send me pics 2moz and we will sort it

Chris

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, I still owe that wan£er a lesson for that, but that's another story.

I'm sure it will be ok mate, white is much more forgiving but if not, a buff with fine compound will sort it for sure.

Keep us posted.

Satan.
I will get a before and after picture tomorrow in the light, before wash and after wash.

I am so useless with polishing/waxing and all that, Griffiths taught me the 2 bucket wash, and drying technique, the products to use and a monthly coat of C2v3. I can just about handle this, but looking close I think I am giving it surface scratches here and there :(

I don't think I would have the confidence to put a light compound to my car :(

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
It'll be fine Dean, I know it's annoying but it wont be much worse than the scratches you put in it by washing it. A light polish and back to new! Don't be scared of polishing it, it's only a panel on a car after all.

You said about catching the kid doing it, and nothing you could do, but imagine if it had been some jealous wnkers that had keyed it all across the back end, tell you what there's still fk all you could do! Phone the police and the kids will be long gone, hold them or hurt them and you'll get done yourself, we live in age of pc gone mad.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
LOL, told you a million times about BLACK it's horrible and looks like a hurst !!

Cut the little ****ers fingers off - that'll teach im !!

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
Yes I had to machine polish it out, V annoying!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts