GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw on Autotrader that JB had bought a GTR and was spotted driving it through London.

Jenson Button snapped in Nissan GT-R - Auto Trader UK - News and Reviews Hub

But in this weekend's Sunday Times Jeremy Clarkson had the GTR as top car of 2009 .... not because he likes it, but because it's the favoured ride of F1 drivers - like Jenson Button.

What further accolade does it need to answer the accusations that it's 'not a drivers car' ????

and can we send JB an invite to join the forum - I mean - It's not like he's busy through the winter testing programme is it!??

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Even if he would join the GTROC(which i dont think he will do) he would not get a Username we can see who he is....but im sure he is reading on here :chuckle:

·
Registered
968 Posts
I think he is busy turning 18 year old virgins into erm not virgins anymore...

What a geek huh, we are so much more cool reading about cars on this forum :)

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts

·
Banned
11,494 Posts
I'm sure heavychevy would be here in a flash to set him straight about track driving.

Heavychevy: Any real driver would know that the GTR's handling is inferior to the 911 Turbo's in every way but then having got all your knowledge from magazines, I don't expect you to know this...:blahblah::blahblah:

Button: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Come on GTP_ButtonJ, say something?

Doesn't matter if you never say anything on here again. Just so we know you
have graced us with your gaze. :)

Do you remember when I kicked your butt on GT5 Prologue?

Good luck with the new season. If you could see your way clear to punching Lewis off the track a couple of times, I'd be eternally!!

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
He has been banned already, so can't post........

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I'm sure heavychevy would be here in a flash to set him straight about track driving.

Heavychevy: Any real driver would know that the GTR's handling is inferior to the 911 Turbo's in every way but then having got all your knowledge from magazines, I don't expect you to know this...:blahblah::blahblah:

Button: :rolleyes:

Or maybe "6speed" could give him some advice how to lap the Nordschleife.... :chuckle:

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
I paid another visit to Creative FX in Bromley who did the wrap on his and his manager's GT-Rs and I've asked them to contact me if they want to get his GT-R up to Veyon-esque performance levels.

Let's see how much of a boy racer he still is... :chuckle:

·
Administrator
31,751 Posts
Ben Linney has already said theres an F1 driver who reads this board, aside Nicolas Kiesa

mook

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
If he bought a new UK spec one he certainly would have had a promotional magazine about the GTROC with his purchase :)
Actually John, his Manager bought it for him out of gratitude for the enhanced 10% he got through signing for Big Mc....... :chuckle:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Clarkson (who's a pillock of course) also said he couldn't admit it due to sponsorship deals, which makes some sense. I doubt if Mercedes (who part own McLaren) would want to see him in a Nissan. I bet he considered the various AMG options which he could have had for nothing and decided they were for hairdressers and flower arrangers.

When button was on Top Gear he talked about selling his Veyron and then there was an obvious edit. They must have cut the other stuff.

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
Yeah sadly I believe that is the case, even though it is stupid to expect their drivers to drive nothing but their sponsor's cars.
Let's just hope he isn't shy about driving it to non-F1 events.

Still at least he is interested in cars, there's a massive majority of F1 drivers who couldn't care less about them!

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
David, you are absolutely right. For some its just a 'job', albeit a well paid one. Plus in this day and age of 'image' and 'creating the right message' then personal preference goes out the window. Just ask Tiger Woods........ (Or am I not allowed to write that?).

Mr Fuggles, some invitations to him to discretely attend a few events? He could be the GTROC Stig!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
When you think about it most of us spend our lives searching for the kind of driving thrills that he gets every day at work (!) - we have to buy the best (or fastest) car we can afford (or get past the missus!) and then look for places where we can push it to our own limits - whether that's on a well know strip of public road or on the track.

It must be a weird sensation for an F1 driver - surely even a Veyron is going to feel a bit lardy on pick up and dull in mid-speed acceleration after you've just climbed out of a GP car!

I find it fascinating that he's driving (and apparently enjoying) his GTR. I'd love to ask him what he likes about it when he can obviously afford anything he wants. I suspect that he's not allowed to drive one of the competitor's products, but in this day and age that only takes a ferrari off the list doesn't it (I mean he would drive a BMW or a Toyota!!)

Role on Melbourne - should be interesting to watch next season.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts