GTR Forum banner

Has your engine been re-built?

1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simply, has your RB engine has a re-build. Either as an upgrade or because of failure/wear and tear.

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
There was nothing wrong with mine but i bought a better one and then sold my original.

·
Registered
365 Posts
yup, 3 times this year. oh i love bodgers......... DIY is the way to go....

1st time top end rebuild for head gasket etc, few other bits

2nd time, head gasket done properly at another garage and replaced the inlet cam that the 1st garage managed to miss.....

3rd time, oil pump and turbos etc went pop (about 30mins after chatting with you R32 Combat in reading). all being upgraded now with N1 and GT2860's etc

·
6,817 Posts
Yes-Had an upgrade at 64000km.

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Not yet, but will do at some point. Quite fancy some forged goodies for the bottom end but would rather do it at my own convenience rather than be forced to do it by something going BANG.

TT

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,032 Posts
I've had one rebuilt, but not the one in my current car.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Still standard bottom end and taking all the abuse a T51R can through at it!

·
Registered
854 Posts
Yea done a few bits.

Mick
honestly......:eek: :eek: so that 873bhp graph wasnt achieved with a boost hike and a sniff of gas then:chuckle: :chuckle:

theres no option for dont know in the poll though and i havent got a clue.
would imagine there must be a few owners of imports that must be in that situation though??????????
125k km though with perfect running and zero oil consuption so maybe???????????????:confused: :confused:

·
Registered
235 Posts
got to agree with moosedoog 147,000km no oil usage and runs perfect(touch wood) have given it it's share of grief aswell, but don't know if it has been rebuilt or not?????????

·
Registered
552 Posts
Well allthe GTR'S i have ever owned have never had engine rebuilds the first R33GTR i had for 86,000 miles from new at 440hp never a days problem in 3 years, my R34 GTR i had for 62,000 miles from new in 30 months at 440+ hp never a problem, Current R33 GTR 53,000 miles at 525hp no problem.

The key to ownership is warm them up to over 70 degrees oil temp before abusing, cool them down after ever run and never ever over REV! this combined with good oil changed frequently seems to work.

TOUCH WOOD!

·
Premium Member
4,975 Posts
No. Engine ate a rear turbo so bought another bottom end which had been rebuilt and internals strengthened
Yes.
Yes.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts