GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my renewal, paid £950 last year inc protected full no claims and instalment fee (I always pay monthly for car ins, that way they can't keep a disproportionate amount should I want to cancel) and it's gone down by 30% to £670. :)

Wondered if it's a GT-R thing i.e. very few claims nationwide?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Insurance has dropped for men and risen for women due to the European gender ruling. Basically, they can no longer load the premium for male drivers even tho they are 10 x more likely to have a claim. This kicked in December last year.

So up yours Sheila's Wheels :D

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Got a quote from Admiral today for £950 with a £350 excess but they won't insure cars with mods over 10% increase in power,
I've got full no claims,, think they very overpriced,

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Mine went down a little bit. Nothing like 30% though.

Goldie, i'm with Admiral and have a stage II on a MY10 which is about a 21/22% increase over stock. I've found when talking to them that they will stop insuring if injectors are changed.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Mine went down a little bit. Nothing like 30% though.

Goldie, i'm with Admiral and have a stage II on a MY10 which is about a 21/22% increase over stock. I've found when talking to them that they will stop insuring if injectors are changed.
Mine having injectors next week so that sorted that out,,,
Going to have a look around no rush till February, want insurance that give you a couple of free insured track days,,,

·
Registered
522 Posts
My renewal has just come through and it has gone up over £100 from last year though i have got a quote elsewhere which is around £100 cheaper (£580) than my last years premium so happy enough with that.

Also i am with admiral at the moment and when I went to stage 1 they told me it is ok up to a 25% power increase unless things have changed.

A 10% power increase limit is no good. That wouldnt even cover a stage 1 on early GTRs.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
I don't think in over 30 years of car insurance, mine has ever gone down ! LOL + I declare every modification :) (silly not too)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Rang Adrian flux yesterday said the cars going stage 4 with down pipes, 2012 car wrapped ,, couldn't even give me a quote, said they couldn't get it underwritten ,,
Might try SAGA

1 - 20 of 63 Posts