GTR Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this a spun conrod bearing issue or a broken conrod

Can't seem to load vids from my phone any ideas ??

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thing is it had good oil pressure just over 2 bar at idle no oil leaks so it's either spun a conrod bearing or the rods broke

·
Premium Member
13,400 Posts
How about the top come off a piston? I wouldn't have still been driving it to be truthful, whatever it is making the noise, it's metallic and broken, so all those metal fragments are buggering up what's left of the decent engine parts.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I had no where to stop I had a queue of about 200 Yds behind me on a country road and that ain't good last thing I want to do is cause an accident, I was also thinking it may have broken near the piston too I'm stripping it tomoz anyway so I'll know more then

If the crank is salvageable then I'm happy I can get the block re-lined so no biggy as long as it's got no holes in which it hasn't its ok

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just in case what's the going rate for a stock/oem short block minus the sump and diff these days basically just a drop in job

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
Yowzer...that sounds awful...

I was actually wincing while watching that!!! Im thinking its a big end too by the sound of it and the fact that its still turning..

TT

·
Registered
554 Posts
A good bottom end is prob bout a grand as un ground cranks seem to be changing hands for a fair bit nowadays , pull it apart and see what you find but my bet is spun bearing lunched journal, poss bent crank and rod :-( = ££££££ or big power rebuild time :)

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For a short block ??? Christ 12 months ago I couldn't shift a full bottom end for £500 for months

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So why the huge price difference between ground and unground cranks ??? If it's had a full rotating assembly balance I can't see the issue

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
omg.. i was shouting at the screen.. TURN IT OFF TURN IT OFF :/
I couldn't it was either plod on and stop somewhere safely or cause an accident or even worse a fatality on blind bends all because of saving an engine.. Engines can be replaced someone's child can't

1 - 16 of 16 Posts