GTR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My R35 s Alternators get some wrong and get bad charging at idle RPM and low RPM.
it make all the light flashing when i turn the right signal light on.

After drived it for a while. the problem is gone.

Should i change the Alternators?

Thx

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Sounds like the battery more than the alternator

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
I changed the battery already. It work normal in the few day I changed. But it s again now.
So it's OK when you've charged the battery but not when you haven't and recovers when the engine is run for a bit = battery

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
Smells like an advert to me. Why have a company name in the thread title when you would typically replace with OEM?

Time to do a bit of digging.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am from Taiwan that why my English like a small child. Actually i can find this brand making after market alternator only

·
Registered
924 Posts
I am from Taiwan that why my English like a small child. Actually i can find this brand making after market alternator only
Ah, my apologies. Guess your English is way better than my Tiawaneese.

Haven't seen the brand. I would stick with OEM or a regognised brand.

Must be pattern parts available now. Check online.

Still looks like an advert though :)

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Ah, my apologies. Guess your English is way better than my Tiawaneese.

Haven't seen the brand. I would stick with OEM or a regognised brand.

Must be pattern parts available now. Check online.

Still looks like an advert though :)
Taiwanese or Mandarin, both impossible

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyway! My car is getting worst. I dont think it is the fault of the alternator. All the the light is flashing***65292; when i put the transmission to N. Any suggestion***65311;

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Anyway! My car is getting worst. I dont think it is the fault of the alternator. All the the light is flashing***65292; when i put the transmission to N. Any suggestion***65311;
It's the battery

·
Premium Member
13,345 Posts
How about loose drive belt, loose alternator connector or bad earth? All worth checking before spending on a new alternator.

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
Togo already mentioned he changed the battery which solved the issue for a while, then it's back again.
Missed that on the phone, multimeter on the alternator then and see what that's putting out

·
Registered
9,090 Posts
check the voltage across the battery when the engine is running. If less than say 13.2 then you know you have a charging problem.

I suspect TAZZ is right. There's very little to go wrong in an alternator. Most likely a poor earth strap or poor drive to the pulley.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts