GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car has just stopped........

Running 1.1. Bar boost Max, just fitted an ARC Induction Box and the car goes like shit untill 4 thousand revs then stops......

Me thinks Ive Maxed the Air flow meter and the ECU, what options do I have here?

MMMMMM Gonna Cry I think, but at least the cars OK!!! I suppose I could Turn down the Boost but whats best Induction or Boost???

If I turn the boost down, will the air induction compensate for the loss of power or what???

Thanks

SI:D :(

·
Registered
520 Posts
Does it always cut off at 4000rpm or just when it's under load (i.,e. on boost)?

If it always cuts out at 4k then it sounds like you car is in 'limp home' mode. Is your check engine light not lit?

Is it possible you damaged the AFM while fitting the airbox?

If it's only underload, then it sounds like the ECU fuel cut caused by your car boosting of certain level. Do you have the standard ECU?

Anyone know at what boost the ECU cuts ignition on a GTST?

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah Simon Its only when its under load, IE My Foots to the floor;)

Reckon it is my ECU, dunno though.

Oh And yeah it is the Standard ECU

Si

·
Registered
520 Posts
It's almost definately the ECU boost cut then. How are you controlling the boost? Bleed valve, boost controller?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Had a simmilar problem on my GTS25T, having checked the plugs bla bla it turned out to be the ignition amplifier (some call it module). It could also be that the fuel cut is kicking in on high boost, look into a fuel cut defender.

I replaced the amp and installed a defender and now it runs like a dream.

Richard

·
Registered
865 Posts
I'd say at 1.1 bar on a standard ecu its the fuel cut coming in as Simon said, on the R33 i think its 1bar or 1.1 bar when it kicks in. Could be under loading its spiking to an even higher bar limit. Turn it down and see what happens.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did a little experiment and put the standard air box with a HKS Super Panel in it, and it goes well at 1.1bar (1.1 is the max level, the so called spike, it levels to around 1) with the Induction kit in I have to turn the boost down to .7ish to stop it cutting out. The car does seem to run quicker with more boost, so what I need to do is stop it cutting out at 1.1 with the induction kit, giving me tremendous 0-60 times I reckon......

My question is, will a fuel cut defender solve the fuel problem?

What are my options as regarding ecus, dont want to spend 750 quid on a power fc, after all its not a GTR, and Im not that rich!!!!

Si

1 - 7 of 7 Posts