GTR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I wonder if someone here have tried HKS EVC-S Boost controller ?
Im gonna buy a boost controller for my r33 gtst s2 and found the HKS on ebay at very nice prices.
So I want to know if it works well.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
My RB30/26 with a T04z has just been fitted with the HKS EVC 6, replaced my Greddy Profec B. My car needed a boost controller with Throttle compensation as the car was making high boost at low revs. Its pushing out 740 bhp at the fly, so I can understand that its making mega boost. I'll be picking the car up from TR Racing sometime soon, so cant comment on it now, but (RIP) Rob said it was the way to go on big power engines.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I have had the EVC6 sitting in my desk for since about august.

Its supposed to be fantastic but not many people have them here yet.

I'm weiry to install it as the car will then need a re-tune (dont know who to go to) and not many people have installed them......guess in fairness its probably no different with regards to install.

I think the S is better suited to your car but your best to phone your/a tuner.

·
Registered
27,351 Posts
the small black unit from hks?

we sell quite a few

think 3 units went out last week as i packed them up

they are good

knight sports mapped miguels fd, and when i drove it seemed very good comming on to and holding boost

·
Registered
456 Posts
Nearlt bought one a couple of days ago, but came to the conclusion that the money was needed elsewere.
Looks like a pretty basic boost controller. Should be on par with the greddy Profec-II or Blitz Spec-S controller.
Seems to do the same things. The HKS unit looks better though and also much smaller. Price look good too :)

Used to have the EVC-6 in my S15 and that was a real joy to setup (never tried the boost mapping bit though). This should be harder. Probably the same as the earlier mentioned Greddy and Blitz units. So expect it to take quite a while before you get it right. Think I spent over an hour setting upp my Previous Blitz Spec-R EBC. The EVC-6 only took a couple of minutes :)

·
Registered
456 Posts
Its better than the Greddy Profec, its almost twice the price, it also has throttle compensation which the others dont have.
You're thinking about the HKS EVC-6.
HKS USA EVC

Turboknuff is talking about the EVC-S. i checked the price just a couple of days ago and it was pretty similar to a Profec-II.
HKS USA HKS EVC-S Release

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.