GTR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please excuse the crap drawing - I have an oil catch can below my filters and the hoses are shot basically - They are currently 16mm internal diameter but after measuring the actual tubes on the Can - they are just over 14mm and the tube that the out hose will fit too is the same... however the first tube coming out of the rocker cover (drawing) is 22mm.
previously - the hose went inside a bigger coupler and was held with clips (top of diagram) - obviously this isn't ideal and also not really possible as I'm going for braded hoses now.
The 'hose place' has suggested I buy a samco reducer (22mm to 16mm) a). and buy a connecting tube (16mm)b) and try and squeeze the 14mm braded hose over it????????????

Surely this has been done a better way by someone - PLEASE SHARE:confused:

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
People normally block that side off and fit a collector on the other side!
Stick up a photo of your setup and we'll work it out!

You could just block that part off and fit a 22/22/14 tee into the U shaped breather hose!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
here you go
you can see the circled (dirty) hoses that go to the catch can - you can also see the bit of black hose that it is inside of - it obviously goes back to the lower exit pipe that is just beneath the twin turbo pipe..............

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Ive stripped the engine today - well 2hours worth and findin my way around really. Took wads of pics and sat with a copy of Merlin mag and ordered sh*te loads of new Samco 4ply hoses and braided lines for the catch catch can and other choice bits. but unbelievable found all new Samco hoses sunk all around the engine bay - so thanks Walter Vangoole - Ise of SKye (who i got her off last year).
Took strut to be polished with all the GReddy hard pipes - got a slightly used Blitz intercooler and generaly refurbin the car.
Bought a Trust Gracer body kit off one of the lads on here - Cheers
New carbon blade for the wide Nismo spoiler - some trick alacantara goodies for inside - a wheel furb to go (or new wheels) and some paint and we're there.......

I'll keep you posted.. should be sweet as its 630bhp/all Top secret engine - basically PERFECT MECHINCAL ORDER! so will be rockin when its tidied... Just chucked £1700 at the boys at RB to replace all ball joints and bushed underneath - and hoses Trust racing Plugs new filters and a ignition module - (£550 Nissan only part).
So now she screems

1 - 5 of 5 Posts