GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking to remove some rust from my chassis and add some protection. To do this, I'm thinking of shot blasting the rust and then powder coat. I would prefer this to an underseal so I can see the components.

I'm shopping around and reviewing which companies can do this. I'm not in a rush as the rust appears quite minor and prefer a decent job than a rushed job.

Has anyone heard of BA Powder Coatings based in Stratford, London? They use Akzo Nobel as their powder and the coating is applied electrostatically, then cured under heat to allow it to form a hard finish.

Welcome thoughts or any other body shops around the South East I should consider.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You’re looking to powder the underside of the body? Or do you mean just the subframes?
I was thinking of powder coating the underside but I don't think that's a viable option as oven baking will be required. I'm basically looking for a body shop to get rid of the underside rust and then put some protection, e.g. wax?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I've seen them being mentioned in quite a few threads and definitely an option. Durham is quite far from where I am so was wondering whether there are any recommendations around London / South East?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts