GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have you tried

I know that i'm going to buy a skyline when the funds and the missus allow (not under the thumb!!), but wondered if anyone on the board has owned other jap motors eg supras rx7 etc what were they like and how do they compare to the skyline?

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Jimgill used to own a Supra... And there are some members who have both...:eek:

·
Banned
3,561 Posts
You could buy a Soarer TT, in standard form 155mph but not the most inspiring sight, but pick a good'en for 5k and spend 2.5k and you have one like mine.

370hp
360ftlbs
1700 Braking HP brakes
265's rear 235's front
0-62 5.0
0-100-0 in less then 15secs
12.2 quarters
8200rpm
18mpg (the bad bit hidden in the good)
1g lateral grip
Trackday suspension (if fitted with TEMS) for the grand price of 2p!
Complete anonimity (the police wave you on, in the 3 years I've owned my baby I have never been pulled by the filf, in my DB7 is was a monthly occurrance, I drive fast and used to receive dozens of warnings, the Soarer is much faster than the DB7, but she is invisible, still no points on my licence)
It is quiet and soothing same setting for the stereo at 130 as at 30 yet will kill almost anything out there .
I'm a fan, so I'll shut up before I get flamed for being here.

I forgot the 'comparison' bit, well if anyone wishes to drive my car against their Skyline then they are welcome to, I have driven both, but driving is a personal thing.

Apologies.

·
Registered
961 Posts
ive got a skyline can i drive your soarer tt :D

dont go for any but the skyline
theres lots of choice 32, 33, 34, gtrs, and gts
from 4k up
get any thing else and you wish you hadnt!:)

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
definetly skyline

The GTR is the one i've always wanted and if i dont get one i'll always regret it, however the soarer is a very nice car and something that i might consider in the mean time. I noticed a 4.0ltr v8 for sale for about 6k at jap village the other day. compared with the 10+ thousand needed for the r33 gtr it might have to replace the rover, but who knows. I need a large lottery win and a lot of garage space cause i want them all!!:D

·
Banned
3,561 Posts
The V8 is totally different to my car it is not in the least bit sporting and very soft and cosseting, the TT is as different to it as it is possible to imagine.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TT's

The only TT's that i've seen for sale are autos. Do like the car though, would have to be a family runabout so soft and comfortable might not be so bad for the time being! Lots of pushchairs and babyseats at the moment. One of the reasons for waiting for the gtr.:(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts