GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
item number 220037518536

IM SURE I SAW THIS CAR ON HERE RECENTLY NOW BEING SOLD ON EBAY, POSSIBLE SCAM!!!!!

"!I have recently moved to Germany and i have the car here with me .
I can not use it here since it is right handed and i decided to sell .
I will sell to the first buyer who accepts my price .
I will arrange and pay for all transport cost to UK at your address so please feel free to email me .
The car is in perfect condition , no scratches , no accident history .

2 Doors, Manual, Coupe, Petrol, Metallic Purple. ABS, Adjustable steering column/wheel, Central locking, Computer, Driver airbag, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Passenger airbag, Sports seats.Insurance Group:20, 19" BBS alloys, HKS filter, Brembo brakes, Kansai light weight bonnet, Fujitsubo exhaust, Boost gauge, Alpine ICE, Running standard set up, An absouloutley stunning vehicle.

Buy Now £4,995.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Beautiful car, obviously a scam, otherwise every kid who drives a Nova or a Fiesta would be driving that! lol :)

At that price, id buy 7 of them! one for everyday of the week!!! lol

Some fcka tried to scam people using my add and pics of my s2000 on ebay, but they posted it on the australian site. I still found out though as my car is pretty distinctive!

[email protected]!!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
This car has been advertised for sale on Autotrader for quite a while at around £40k by Car Galaxy. I called them about it a couple of months ago, as for that price I'd assumed it must be a UK car - it's not, it's an import. I'd have thought they'd have dropped the price by now, but they haven't. The ebay car must be a scam, and is unfortunately still listed.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I think the seller messed up with the commas and points and wants to sell the car for 49950 UKP as a buy now.

Or it is scam

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think the seller messed up with the commas and points and wants to sell the car for 49950 UKP as a buy now.

Or it is scam
Think you need to have a look matey. The original sellers account has been hijacked, it was a silver GTS-T last week.................:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,126 Posts

Has anyone noticed that the model year is stated as "1996" ? :eek:

Also the vehicle is on a 51 plate and the car was first registered in 2000 ?
(Damn I should've been a detective :smokin: )

·
Registered
27 Posts
Has anyone noticed that the model year is stated as "1996" ? :eek:

Also the vehicle is on a 51 plate and the car was first registered in 2000 ?
(Damn I should've been a detective :smokin: )
There is a thread i started on Skyline owners - where they found the orginal ad shows a GTS-T (1996 2,500cc gives it away a little) the guy got a mail to say his account had been hijacked and they created a fake mail addy using his domain!! when he tried to lg in to his account he found that his password had been changed!!!

eBay warning................. - Skyline Owners Forum

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
There is a thread i started on Skyline owners - where they found the orginal ad shows a GTS-T (1996 2,500cc gives it away a little) the guy got a mail to say his account had been hijacked and they created a fake mail addy using his domain!! when he tried to lg in to his account he found that his password had been changed!!!

eBay warning................. - Skyline Owners Forum
Could I ask you how they hijacked his account mate? obviously not a technical explanation but just some info so us idiots who use Ebay can avoid such pitfalls :(

Thanks.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Not meaning to be nasty but anyone who thinks they can buy an r34 gtr for £5k deserves to be ripped off. I cant believe how many posts appear saying do you think this is a scam.......

·
Registered
27 Posts
Not meaning to be nasty but anyone who thinks they can buy an r34 gtr for £5k deserves to be ripped off. I cant believe how many posts appear saying do you think this is a scam.......
In some ways i agree !! however in this instance its a little differant.
The guys account was hacked there was a genuine for car for sale the week before - a GTST which someone on either this board or GTR reg.
In this case they were stupid enough to advertise a rather uniqiue car.
In other cases where they have other cars close to the genuine one it may be a little differant. You should know when it comes actual purchase if all OK of course. Trouble is they are not after th whole lot just a '£200 deposit' at auction end - do that over a lot of accounts.................:rolleyes:

·
Registered
728 Posts
Its only different in the way that is complete and utter rubbish, if the guy was originally selling a gtst for say £5k then that is believeable. If someone bid on that and it was a con then id feel sorry for them, but anyone who cant see that a £25k+ car advertised for £5k is a rip off shouldnt be allowed out...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Its only different in the way that is complete and utter rubbish, if the guy was originally selling a gtst for say £5k then that is believeable. If someone bid on that and it was a con then id feel sorry for them, but anyone who cant see that a £25k+ car advertised for £5k is a rip off shouldnt be allowed out...
:thumbsup: :D they are about mind..................

·
Registered
456 Posts
Getting a R34GTR for that prics isn't impossible....

But it would probobly look something like this ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts