GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My r34 is rwd and holding 600bhp at 1.6bar so getting power down in low gears is abit of an issue at the moment.

At the moment I'm running pirelli p corsa zeros at 30psi and can't get any power down on full chatter below 4th.

I used to run rsrs on my s15 but torn between the ad08's or rsrs.
Anyone has experience with both?

Also running a nismo gt pro 2way at the moment so don't know if that has something to do with the issue?

Help is appreciated :) thanks!

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have driven a trackday with a hired Scirocco R on Federal RS-R and found that they went off quite quickly and needed to cool down again before they could be driven hard. Generally they have a good reputation for lighter cars, but the heavier the car the worse the opinions get. So for your R34 GT-R I would go for something different which can take more heat.

·
Registered
9,756 Posts
Set your cold pressures to about 22psi and once up to temp they will get up in the range. Also on a rwd car, try and be progressive on the throttle don't just mash the pedal and expect it to grip with 600bhp. Your car is not an F1 car. ;)

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
my supra ran a hks 3.4 stroker and a t51r spl bb at 2.1 bar of boost, 788 hub hp.
Pirelli pzero 305/30/19 tyres 0 - 100 mph in 9.7 seconds
changed to toyo r888 295/30/19 0 - 100 mph in 7.3 seconds

and a vid at 1.6 bar of boost up my drive, about 700 hub hp

it was night and day changing to the r888s for me ;)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've fitted some 265 rsrs. Amazing compared to previous grip!

Still struggling abit in second but LOADS better!

Nice to finally feel full boost properly :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.