GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all
well my head is still buzzing off trying to find out WHY me bloody car is not working the way it should :(

since i upgraded turbo's injectors afm's and ecu to a power fc
the car will not boost till 5grand then peak power hits hard like a big single coming on boost ??? i have 2510s trying to run 1.4 bar

the guy who mapped the car told me when he first tried to map ....the power fc was not saving the changes he was making
when ING is turned off
so i had a look about and seen that the r32gtr has a common fault
eccs relay/ECU relay harness /wiring

but the next day the guy tried a diff hand controller and it worked power fc saved changes and the car was mapped to suit
the problem is still there
when using the power fc the car idle's crappy and as long as i stay off boost the car drive fine ? but as soon as i try and bring in sum boost in. it backs off misses.till 5grand and bang off it go's ???????????

i got the car home and had a mess about changing the plugs/ checked 100% for boost leak etc everything is fine

so i change back to a reflashed std ecu /inj/afm's and the car comes on full boost around 3800 @.9 drives fine ?WOO lol
as soon as i try the power fc it ****s up grr
i'v even tried pulling the map off the pfc and INIT it AGAIN LOL
its just not playing the game grr!
i feel that i'v wasted little money i had on it and money is sumthing i hav'nt got right now :()

any help or advice or any thing lol
will help a great deal
cheers lemsip
i know question well be asked so i'll try and get the mapper to pop on and explain better lol.......... am abit numb u see lol

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ok
still having no lucky
basiclly when the power fc is pluged in the will not boost
change back to std ecu and no problems ?
please can sum one shed sum light

·
Registered
433 Posts
I aint a mechanic, so take what I say with a pinch of salt. Who is tuning the car for you, have they much experience with power fc's. Sounds to me like the Power FC is knackered. Did you buy it new or second hand. But then again I could be totally wrong.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the power fc was used i did think it was knackered but i'v had it checked out and its fine.

after i pulled the map off and init it .i tried it in a m8's 33gtr init again to suit he's car and it worked fine car boost no problem

i'v just spoke to another tunner MGT cool guys by the way
and he has really helped.
its sounding like its the map itself grr .

so i think the first tunner did not know he's way around the power fc as he tried to map it with the hand controller and not the datalogit
am gutted
is there any way i can get the details of the map up to see if there's a underlining problem

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hmm sounds to be your map for sure, how did the guy tune it , on a rolling road, was any diagnostic gear used? if not I would not drive it with the Power FC until you have had a proper tune done on it, sounds like melted piston ground if you ask me. I should know , I have had a few!
Garth at MGT has really got a mapping down to a fine art now, he tunes my road and race cars to 700BHP @ wheels and they run sweet.
My road car has just been done by him and with a nice big GT4094 turbo on a 2.8 stroker engine he has got it to 694bhp @ wheel and 587 lbf @ wheels with a lovely smooth power curve and over 130lbf at the wheels at 1500 RPM.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the car was tuned on a rolling road dynopacks
am going down there to day to have a crack with the tuner
wish me luck lol

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i did'nt get the chance to speak with the tunner

hopefully i'll have sum good new later
am going out in the car to make a log and try a diff map
but as it stands its still not boosting

i'v been reading about the earthing problems the power fc has inthe 32's
so am going to try and clean all me earthing point down aswell

·
Registered
394 Posts
i have had a similar problem too the pfc came off a 33 when i bought it i put the pfc on the car got to 3000rpm and it kinda dies took it to my tuner and it was the fuel pump cotroller givng problems we snipped a wire to it and it was perfectly fine but has to be reconected when std ecu is used hope its some help can find pin number on ecu if you want

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
am now thinking it cann't be the map as i'v tried 2 now and there the same. it just will not boost

did your car not boost like m8
me pfc came off a r32 gtr v spec II
i'v checked the wiring harness and it looks like it has been rewired in sum way
think i need a auto electrician lol
i'll put a pictures up
what did u do again m8 with the fuel pump controller jobby cut where more info please lol
cheers

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the wiring looks tinkered with lol there's plenty of tape wrap around single wires

i can hear the fuel pump prime itself before i start the car ???

how the hell did u put pictures on lol

·
Registered
394 Posts
well mine didint boost at all so when i took it to the tuners they narrowed it down the the pump controller il try and get a pic to show which one was cut its perfect now

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well mine didint boost at all so when i took it to the tuners they narrowed it down the the pump controller il try and get a pic to show which one was cut its perfect now
cheers m8 that would be spot on
its really making me sad i cann't think of anything else now grr wish i had a IQ over 1 lol

am using Blitz Boost controller m8
i have checked the power fc boost controller settings and it is off

hopefully it is the fuel pump controller jobby
i'll be bouncing off the wall if it is lol

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
^^^^^^^
the power fc serial number is pfc gtr33 010-0204
v7.03B
hand controller 5.01A

cheers :)

OOps
i have a late r32

·
Registered
715 Posts
Had something like that on a 34, it would run for 5 seconds then die.

Cut the ground side(fuel pump control circuit) of the fuel pump and wire it straight to a good ground.

The pump will now run all the time and the PFC will have no control over it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
cheers i will be doing that after i'v replaced the corroded earthing wire i'v found.
bloody under the relay/fuse box in the engine bay hopefully that will fix me problem

it looks like water has getting down there sum how grr!

am going to have a crack at it at the weekend
really think this has been me problem all along
strange how the std ecu still works fine ???????

·
Registered
394 Posts
HI MATE WENT TO MY GARAGE AND TOOK A LOOK FOR YOU SO IF THE POWER FC IS SAT DOWN ON A TABLE AND THE POWER FC STAMPED SIGN SHOULD BE FACEIN YOU , ITS THE CONNECTOR BLOCK TO THE LEFT ,ITS THE TOP ROW OF WIRES AND THE FITH WIRE TO THE RIGHT SHOULD BE GREEN AND WHITE CUT IT AND TAPE BOTH ENDS SO THEY CANT TOUCH ANYTHING AND TRY THAT! FIXED MINE A TREAT LET US KNOW HOW YOU GET ON

1 - 20 of 23 Posts