GTR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Now this is what happend to my r34 :(
do some one know why this happend and can tell me why, so i can avoid that it happend again?
thank for advice

Brown Automotive tire Wood Rim Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's an 2.7 Nitto stocker with cams, twin efr turbos,id1300 injectors r35 coils cosworth head gasket and link G4+ ecu.
running around 700hp

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Light Alloy wheel

Automotive tire Alloy wheel Tire Rim Bicycle part
Have no picturs from the head now, for the fuel i have 2 bosch 044 pumps to feed eatch side of the rail and 1 450 lift pump

·
Registered
70 Posts
Unless you have cleaned them the different colouring on the two pistons suggests it was fuelling to only one of the pistons that caused this, do you have a photo of the others?

Your overall AFR might have read ok but a poor injector has under-fueled one cylinder maybe.

Steel oxidation colours at the top of the bore tells you how hot it got but then having the gasket burn through tells you that anyway.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I‘m also running dual wide band lambda and they was reading the same, had also coolant going in the cylinder, injectors had only 10tkm on it like the engine and all the rest

·
Registered
70 Posts
I‘m also running dual wide band lambda and they was reading the same, had also coolant going in the cylinder, injectors had only 10tkm on it like the engine and all the rest
Where is the lambda located? Its reading the aggregate output from all cyclinders once they mix together so one lean cylinder could be masked by the rest.

When you say coolant in the cylinder do you mean WI or actual engine coolant. Once the gasket fails you can get coolant passing the gasket, more often though (because cyclinder pressures are higher when running) you get pressurised cylinder gasses bubbling back through the coolant until you turn the engine off when it can push coolant back into the engine.

The photos are not great but from what I can see the end cylinder looks less coked (coke burns off at elevated temps) and more bronzed than the rest.

I agree with Simon, most likely cause is an injector issue for it to be this hot which is underfueling.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lambdas are direct in the turbo oulets, lambda 1 is for cylinder 1,2,3 and lambda 2 for cylinder 4,5,6.
Yes had engine coolant in cylinder 6, not mutch, saw just a few drops on the piston but have some missing in the cooler
and have some in the engine oil. Can do some better pics if you want?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts