GTR Forum banner

Head Height...... and test drive comments

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  GTRAM 
#1 ·
Took a GTR (MY2009) for a test drive the other day
(So I do not currently own one)
Surprised that there is now virtually no waiting list... not sure that this is necessarily a good thing

Car accelerates effortlessly, has a comfortable ride (not sure where the reviews on having a very firm suspension comes from as its not that firm at all and I think it would be easy to live with this) but my main gripe is the cabin height

I'm 6ft 2 and in order to stop my head touching the roof I had to recline the seat back further than I would normally - feels like I'm crouching within the car and after the test drive my neck and shoulders were hurting

I'm just surpised that I havent notice this come up in reviews. Even with the seat all the way down (the downward adjustor doesnt take the seat that much lower) it feels like it should be a couple of inches lower...

Has anyone else noticed this and lives with this.. anyone looked to see if the seating rails are modifiable to take the seat lower or has anyone changed the seating to race spec aftermarket ones?

I cant believe that there arent taller people than me driving these things... I reckon anyone over 6 ft would have an issue

I have never noticed this in any other car before...

Opinions welcomed for a complete newbie to this site

See less See more
#2 ·
I'm 6" 1' and have a very upright driving position.

The height inside is only an issue with a helmet on and then its easy to just recline a touch.

Dont forget you will be taller in the morning by about an inch or so, so always test drive after lunch!

#3 ·
I'm 6'2" and have a bit of a problem with it but, have come to terms with it. Worse in the morning definitely. It does feel like the seat should and could be lower. I have found that raising the under-thigh support at the front helps, especially on a longer journey.

Not looked at the rails etc and after-market is too radical for me. Have you tried another car? Just in case the seats are set differently......

The car is so good, you have to live with it!

#4 ·
i'm 1m95 ( that's about 6'4 i think ) and ma seat position is perfect ( i did 1200 km without much of a problem ). BUT with a helmet or crazy hairs..i touch the roof. So military style and nurburgring :) ... worth it :)

#5 ·
I've asked around about this and it seems it depends on Torso length....
I primarily look at it for Track but with a Crash Helmet that may proove difficult
I tried 2 cars - they were both the same - you do tend to feel that your vision is effected as your looking downward a bit rather than outward and dont have 100% vision

I did look at the way the seat sits in the car and it is very low to the floor - but I'm sure it can be amended to sit lower a bit - even a marginal adjustment would help - so I may look into this

I am still surprised it isnt raised as an issue as it definately effects some and it really shouldnt effect any..... I have never experienced an issue like this in a Porsche (GT3/GT2 or std Turbo)

#6 ·
All I can say buddy is that from my personal perspective I've had zero issues with this. I've tracked twice with a lid on and its been no problem.

If you're free the weekend of Feb 21st, feel free to bring whatever track weapon you have up to North Wales and I'd be more than happy to let you have a few laps at Anglesey.

It'll be a cracking weekend and a great opportunity for you to have a proper drive.

Check the link in my sig if you're interested.

CC

#8 ·
I am perfectly in proportion save for a slight gut...... :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.