GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there. I need to adjust the headlights on my GTR32 as I can only really see about 6 ft in front of the car! This is not useful as the evenings are getting darker. Had a search and couldnt find anything about adjustment. Does anyone know how this is done?

Thanks in advance,

Jon

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
as far as i can remember, your light beam needs to fall 1cm per 1meter.... so messure up to center of your lightbeam as close to the headlight as you can, then park you car on level ground and 3 meters away from a wall and messure your beam on the wall. then you know the beam needs to fall 3cm.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice mate. Do you know how the headlights are adjusted? Is there an adjustment screw or something?

Thanks again,

Jon

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I had to do this recently.

For the projector part, there are two 10mm bolts on long shafts that stick out the back of the unit. One does height, the other side aim (it actually seems to rotate).

For main beam, there is a phillips screw on top of the unit. I have a carbon cooling panel that I had to remove to get access to this one.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found them, thanks very much! :thumbsup:

The main beam part has two phillips screws each in a white plastic holder thing. I take it one screw is for height and the other for left/right aim?

Cheers,

Jon.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
hi. i know this is an old thread but which one is for adjusting up/down level of the projector lamps?is it the lower or the upper screw?

thanks

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi. i know this is an old thread but which one is for adjusting up/down level of the projector lamps?is it the lower or the upper screw?

thanks
Thats ok. I cant remember which way round they are. But from memory I just parked the car facing the garage and experimented with the adjusters til I got it right. I know thats not very scientific!

Jon

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Thats ok. I cant remember which way round they are. But from memory I just parked the car facing the garage and experimented with the adjusters til I got it right. I know thats not very scientific!

Jon
thanks buddy. yes ive sorted it already, thanks. it's the lower screw for the vertical adjustment.

my mate was giving me his h1 HID which i was happy about but wasnt able to fit it to my r32 projector lamps coz it has an adaptor with clip that holds the H1 bulb. without the connector, i wont be able to fasten the h1 back to lamp! gutted! they say PIAA ph44 is the one i need but unfortunately PIAA discontinued it already!

i guess the only way to have HID with r32 (later version) is getting an N1 lamp.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thats unlucky mate! Glad you've sorted it now though!

My have to go the route of N1 headlamps. Better range of bulbs, easier to change to hid etc. And the h3c projectors are pants! Got other things to spend money on at the moment though!

Jon

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Thats unlucky mate! Glad you've sorted it now though!

My have to go the route of N1 headlamps. Better range of bulbs, easier to change to hid etc. And the h3c projectors are pants! Got other things to spend money on at the moment though!

Jon

ill save the money instead for better upgrades. ive got piaa bulbs anyway, so not bothered of upgrading to N1s. might be in the future.

thanks again:thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts