GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

After a couple of years after my first GTR I have gone and bought another one....loving being back to GTR ownership, but..........
my drivers side headlight has condensation very bad and the light doesn’t work. I bought a pair of new bulbs, took wheel and arch liner off and blew hairdryer through the hole (not mine trust me!) and this helped clear most of the condensation. I then fitted the new bulb....still no light!
I tried to check the fuse near the battery, slid it upwards but couldn’t get the damn cover off, and gave up in dark light last night with some scuffed knuckles to boot!
.....I’m thinking the problem is likely to be the fuse or the headlight Ballast, if so, how does the fuse box cover come off? And are the ballasts the same for all R35 GTRs?
Mine is a 13 plate.
...I’ve seen a few on fleabay for around the £60 mark.

Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
59 Posts
ballast

Hi Dazzler,
I posted on this forum a while back about this problem as i had exactly the same thing happen,its a very common problem im afraid,as the headlight fogs up the droplets of moisture in the headlight run down and pool in the ballast which sits on the base of the headlight,it then fries it im afraid ,,so a new one is the only answer,dont put a new one on however till youve removed the headlight and sealed around the perimeter,your going to need to do both and this means bumper off im afraid!!I took mine to kiasers and he done them for a very reasonable cost,you can buy the ballasts off ebay,make sure its identical to yours though,its a ball ache but the only solution except new headlights and their mega bucks

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info HEDGEHOG MAN.
...yeah I was sort of waiting for this sort of news :nervous: but it is what it is.
Just out of interest, did you have a link to the ballast you got?

Cheers

·
Registered
59 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, that’s great, I’ll get one ordered then see how I’m gonna attack this “bumper off” thing lol....I have a feeling I could be calling ACspeedtech as service is due soon also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts