GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before i start to write this post im sure most of you chaps are going to say we all know about the misting of the headlights saga,but heres another one,my nearside low beam gave up the ghost this weekend so i assumed it might just be the HID bulb blown and thinking the low beam isnt so great on these cars ordered some upgraded bulbs,going through the hassle of removing wheel,arch liner etc,removed the bulb and replaced it with new one,switched on and nothing,dead as a dodo,so i checked the fuses next but all was in order.So i thought it could be the ballest unit,removed it only to find its full of water and probably fried,swapped it over from the drivers side to find it was the loom from the ballest to the bulb,couldent see any obvious defects with it,assume its knackered as the ballast.Any moisture that forms inside the headlight just forms a puddle in the ballast unit runs in the block connector and fries it!!Dont seem to see any people mentioning it on here unless im missing it.Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Hedgehog.
Im new here so bare with me.Did you cure your headlight ballast problem,if so,how? I now have the same problem( your post Jan 18.Cheers
Dave4006

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
I’ve had ballast a ballast issue once before where low beam did’nt work, can’t remember any ingress.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts