GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reece Mcgergor and the Heat Treaments GTR (pb of 7.82)will be atempting to beat the HKS record of 7.67 this September at the Fast Fours Jamboree in Brisbane on 23rd and 24th at he Willowbank Dragway . It is being shipped there as the track is renound for being super sticky track and lots of cars have new PB by racing at the track .
Reece will be debuting his new engine setup (custom garrett and still 2.6ltr )and on New Zealand forums A insider has said they have now past the 1600hp mark and this only one of few new engine turbo combo's :bowdown1:
Andre Simon from Speedtech will be tuning it , As he has a 8.23 1/4 mile evo which cranks out 1100hp

Lookin forward to this and hopefully , GTR700 will be ready to run again??\as there is not much competition at the moment for Reece

·
Registered
279 Posts
i also had a chat with an HT insider recently and have been told they will be running at 2 meets over there as there is 2 in the space of a week. the bris jamboree will be super sticky and very flat so i wouldn't be surprised if they do get a PB if not WR, good luck to them.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
mandhdrijfhout said:
GTR700 will be ready to run again??\as there is not much competition at the moment for Reece
Who owns GTR700 now?

Ive heard conflicting opinions, anybody know for sure?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
^^
Ive been at CRD a few times over the last 4 or so months and on both occasions ive seens it stripped out and just sitting there.
I know that doesnt help much.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Its owned by Mario, but im not 100% sure whether he scrapped the project and left it to be Croydon's car ?

Last time I was at CRD (~1 year ago) it was up on a hoist without any running gear or motor ?

·
Registered
962 Posts
As far as i understand if you are running Methanol twice the injector size is needed, anyone know the size Reese is using????.......must be enourmous:clap:

·
Registered
630 Posts
Best of luck to them :D

Rog

·
Registered
303 Posts
hi

Miness said:
will the reece car run on the same fuel as the hks car?

no it doesn't, hks use race fuel alrite but nothing like methenol, i bet reece's caar would be as quick if it used the same fuel as hks or mario's car for that matter. imagine if hks started using methenol, how low into the 7's do you think they'd go!!!!! certainly beat there record anyway

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I had the chance to have dinner/breakfast(it was about 3 am after the event) with Tetsuya Kawasaki, driver of the HKS R33, 180, Supra during the last D1/NHRA exhibition in the states.

It was interesting to be able to sit down and talk with him. He was out supporting a drift car during the event.

He said that the track prep in Australia was much better than what it was in Japan. He said the R33 did a wheelie at first. Same thing he said happened when they ran the 180 here in the US a number of years ago. In Japan, the setup was good, here, he did wheels up for a while.

I wonder if HKS would really care if anyone beat their "record".

·
Registered
279 Posts
im sure HKS wouldnt care too much if their record gets broken. they've been on top since forever and have been miles away from competition which is a great acheivement in itself.

im also sure they must know that the record will inevitably get broken and im sure there'll be cars in NZ, Aus, UK and elsewhere that will past that benchmark, but only tine will tell.

·
Registered
246 Posts
High Octane said:
no it doesn't, hks use race fuel alrite but nothing like methenol, i bet reece's caar would be as quick if it used the same fuel as hks or mario's car for that matter. imagine if hks started using methenol, how low into the 7's do you think they'd go!!!!! certainly beat there record anyway
id like to see reece beat hks with the same fuel so people make no excuses..anyway like people have said hks have been on top for years now so it goes to show how awesome their car was

·
Registered
553 Posts
mandhdrijfhout said:
Old fuel system from last season
Mechanical Methanol Fuel Pump
Dash 12 Fuel Lines
20 Ltr Fuel Cell
12 x 1500cc injetors !!!

Lordy! I wasn't aware they made GTR injectors that big,

That's over 1ltr bigger than mine!:eek:

Sev

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Spent the weekend with Andre at a show we were running the dyno at and he'd just flown back from Auckland after tuning Reeces car.

They're really happy with the outcome of all their hard work and as with everything, they may have more in the car than they're going to run in Aussie, but they're not wanting to push their luck as it were. They're well up grunt wise on what the last configuration ran so good luck to them.

I hope they get the run they deserve after all the hard work, time and money that's gone into that car.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts