GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As above, as this is the big weekend for Reece and his team any update from you guys down under?:)

·
Registered
172 Posts
anyone know who does Reece R32 motec ecu tuning?

·
Registered
153 Posts
And the news we have been all wiating for

Just got this. Not a record though

Announcer at the Race meet in Aussie revealed "HKS rang Reece during the week confirming they would be back to challange him for the title. Crowd went nuts"

·
Registered
172 Posts
thanks for the info mandhdrijfhout. thanks..
yeah happy to hear HKS R33 coming back.

·
Registered
279 Posts
yeah its Andre who does the mapping, although he flys up to tune it on Soichi-san dyno in Auckland. last i heard they were running around 1600bhp.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Just talked to Andre. Said they've done a couple of runs today, but nothing worth talking about in relative to their record passes.

He siad they're just off out to run again now and he'll let me know if they go quicker again.............

·
Registered
172 Posts
sry for the off topic here
does Andre tune other standalone ecu beside Motec?

1600hp from RB? ouch. wonder what internals its using.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Yeah he pretty much does anything. He's just become the only official HKS tuner in NZ. He is doing my Hondata on my EP3 soon and he's tuned my AEM on my GTR as well as the Power FC before that.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Nice, might group some standalone ecu owners here to split the cost of bringing Andre here to tune. thanks for the info guys.. just hope he dont cost too much ;)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Might be cheaper to use a Master Jap tuner in the long run?
Canman I just read on one of the gossip forums that Andre is binning the evo and going hard with a Speedtech GTR is this true?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Also just read from someone apparently in the "know" that Andre has only mapped the boost map on the Motec , is that also True Fraser?

Iv had dealings with Andre On my own car and left very dissapointed and hugely out of pocket so now take the car to auckland for all my work which is an 800km drive.
I found him to be very lacking in knowledge surrounding GTRs and the RB26.

So maybe that tidy up of the mapping on the HT car is true?

Though getting that power out of the ecu tuning is proberly the easy bit.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I found him to be very lacking in knowledge surrounding GTRs and the RB26.
if its true he tuned HT R32, rumor here @ 1600bp. its hard to believe his lacking in RB26 ??

·
Registered
184 Posts
if its true he tuned HT R32, rumor here @ 1600bp. its hard to believe his lacking in RB26 ??
Well no as all the work had been done well before he went near the car.
I know before Andre touched it ,it was a high 1500 hp car as I saw this when I dropped my car in Auckland ,obviously alot has to be kept hush hush as I dont want to get off side with the wrong people here.

All he has done is put the finishing touches to the tune hardly a major player as All the ground work/engine build has been done but still alot at stake as its a big budget car and if it went boom- well you know the rest he just milked all the hard work that was already in place and from conversing and reading what others have said about this Im 99.9 % sure and beleive its true.

I say hes lacking from my own personal experiance from watching him working on RB26s and GTRs ,he had to second guess and was not very confident when he explained what he was doing with this unique car.

If all you want is a car tuned for power then you will proberly be ok with him.

Conversing with someone last week who has also spent many dollers with Speedtech and Andres tuning , his car has power which is the easy part of the tune but it idles like sh1t.Now I chuckled when he told me this as my car to - after Andres tune idled erracticly kept stalling etc and I took it back on many occassions to show him this but he couldnt work it out.
I get my car to my now current tuner who plugs in his lap top to find the car was being starved of fuel.He had it running way to lean at idle.Now tell me this is a trait of a great tuner when he cant get the basics right.Its only a PFC as well nothing as flash and advanced as Fraser AEM unit,by the way why are you changing that unit again Canman? When I saw Andre fiddling with that he was lost also.And a few choice words were escaping his mouth which I wont repeat here.

Iv told A few of Andres buddies of my experiances which they have taken back to him and his responce is always the same "Hes taken me out of context" which is utter BS

The above is a minor story and Iv got some pretty nasty ones to tell of my experiances at Speedtech.

But I wont relay them in this thread , as its about Reeces great time which he has been working towards for many years well before andre finished the tune off.

Oh and I dont have any vested interest in Speedtech so when you listen to some realise not all that glitters is gold :flame:

·
Registered
279 Posts
so in other words... if your gonna drive ur R at WOT all the time choose him?

back on topic, any more racing news? surely the meet will be ending now...new records? bring on HKS and John Shep!!!

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I have to completly disagree with everything posted by N1ZMO.

First things first.............as far as I'm concerned, anyone who says "Though getting that power out of the ecu tuning is proberly the easy bit" needs to have a rethink.........

I've never found Andre to be lacking in knowledge on tuning for my car and he's been looking after it pretty much since it was a year old back in 2002. He's tuned my Power FC and also tuned my AEM to the best it's gonna get. We're changing out the AEM as they've got a fault which AEM have acknowledged and I wanted to go HKS in the first place but there was no point since the nearest place who could tune them was Auckland and they weren't official HKS tuners. Since now Andre is going to be an HKS tuner it makes sense, my ECU is going back to AEM and I'll be getting an HKS in replacement. Can I just add that HKS came to see Andre...........because of his reputation........ this is HKS USA we're talking here ....... long way to come to talk to someone who can't do a proper tune on a car don't you think ?

I also think N1ZMO's "person in the know" isn't as much in the know as he'd think as Andre has done more to the car's tuning than he's suggesting. The car of course was well developed before Andre got involved, but you'd have to ask yourself why Andre was asked to get involved if his reputation didn't proceed him. I also would wonder about his own 8 second......1100-1200HP EVO drag car totally tuned and developed by him......... if he couldn't tune a car properly I doubt he'd be able to achieve what he has. I know you said it's the drivability side of things that you weren't happy with and not the full throttle stuff, but I could put 10's of people in front of you who are very happy with the drivability of cars tuned by Andre..........including myself.

If you can truly tune a car, you can tune..........end of story.............I deal with tuners around the world all day with my job including HKS, Honda, Nismo, Apexi etc etc so you soon get to understand who can tune and who can't.

To answer some questions, I do think Andre has thought more about a GTR for Speedtech, but with their new facility it won't happen for a long time as the money is going to develop the business. It's the same reason his EVO hasn't been back on the track, money's going towards the business.

That'll be my last post in this thread about this, just felt I needed to respond.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts