GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Just talked to Andre. Said they've done a couple of runs today, but nothing worth talking about in relative to their record passes.

He siad they're just off out to run again now and he'll let me know if they go quicker again.............

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Yeah he pretty much does anything. He's just become the only official HKS tuner in NZ. He is doing my Hondata on my EP3 soon and he's tuned my AEM on my GTR as well as the Power FC before that.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I have to completly disagree with everything posted by N1ZMO.

First things first.............as far as I'm concerned, anyone who says "Though getting that power out of the ecu tuning is proberly the easy bit" needs to have a rethink.........

I've never found Andre to be lacking in knowledge on tuning for my car and he's been looking after it pretty much since it was a year old back in 2002. He's tuned my Power FC and also tuned my AEM to the best it's gonna get. We're changing out the AEM as they've got a fault which AEM have acknowledged and I wanted to go HKS in the first place but there was no point since the nearest place who could tune them was Auckland and they weren't official HKS tuners. Since now Andre is going to be an HKS tuner it makes sense, my ECU is going back to AEM and I'll be getting an HKS in replacement. Can I just add that HKS came to see Andre...........because of his reputation........ this is HKS USA we're talking here ....... long way to come to talk to someone who can't do a proper tune on a car don't you think ?

I also think N1ZMO's "person in the know" isn't as much in the know as he'd think as Andre has done more to the car's tuning than he's suggesting. The car of course was well developed before Andre got involved, but you'd have to ask yourself why Andre was asked to get involved if his reputation didn't proceed him. I also would wonder about his own 8 second......1100-1200HP EVO drag car totally tuned and developed by him......... if he couldn't tune a car properly I doubt he'd be able to achieve what he has. I know you said it's the drivability side of things that you weren't happy with and not the full throttle stuff, but I could put 10's of people in front of you who are very happy with the drivability of cars tuned by Andre..........including myself.

If you can truly tune a car, you can tune..........end of story.............I deal with tuners around the world all day with my job including HKS, Honda, Nismo, Apexi etc etc so you soon get to understand who can tune and who can't.

To answer some questions, I do think Andre has thought more about a GTR for Speedtech, but with their new facility it won't happen for a long time as the money is going to develop the business. It's the same reason his EVO hasn't been back on the track, money's going towards the business.

That'll be my last post in this thread about this, just felt I needed to respond.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Sets the bar quite high for Andy's new drag beast too eh !!!

There's so many people getting quicker and quicker.............great to see....

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I won't reply here, I'll PM you re this mate as this isn't the place to discuss this stuff.........sorry for filling the thread with off topic stuff guys........

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
It's an HKS 2.8 and yep it was their first outing as far as I know.

I think the final day was a bit of a dissapointment in relative terms........bogged down on a couple of runs and didn't leave the line on another, so from what I can gather the last run 7.57 I think it was is the best they did.......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.