GTR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i took the car for a drive last night:squintdan and the heater went cold the water temp shot up and steam started to come from under the bonnet:bawling:, so late last night i started to remove the lower heater matrix pipe (as this is the one i think has gone)

so my question is ,is it possible to refit the matrix pipes to the block without taking the inlet plenum off???

any advice would be greatly appreciated.:bowdown1:

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
if you have incredibly small fingers.

If you are going to do it, either get it on a ramp or axle stands, take out the starter motor for room and try going from underneath.

I am going to do mine soon and this is the best way I coudl see, although I am taking off the plenum completley to check others.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if you have incredibly small fingers.

If you are going to do it, either get it on a ramp or axle stands, take out the starter motor for room and try going from underneath.

Cheers i'll try the starter motor out i think before i resort to taking the plenum off. im only 5'8" so quite small hands and dont mind skinning a few knuckles if it saves me removing and refitting the inlet plenum, just had new gaskets on it last month so dont want to have replace them again

can anyone recomend a cheap(ish) set of silicone heater hoses or where to get some i've been looking at jc-project one's on the net can anyone speak from experience about them???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts