GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Seeing as I've been a member for a few months now, and I seem to be spending an ever increasing amount of time searching through the forums. I thought that it was only polite to finally introduce myself...

I'm James. I'm from just south of Birmingham in the West Midlands, UK.

I've had a passion for Skyline's ever since watching a R32 on Top Gear, and also on one of Jeremy Clarkson's video's several years ago. I have always dreamt about owning a 32 but have never been in a realistic situation where I've been able to afford to buy one, not to mention insure and running it, and also have the necessary bank balance if something were to fail (touch wood it won't).

Well fortunately I'm in a position where hopefully that dream will now become a reality very soon after making contact with Miguel, Matty and the Newera Team :thumbsup:

I've already been to a few events where the club has had a stand, and I hope to become a more active member in terms of attending shows and events with the club as and when my “dream car" arrives.

I look forward to speaking with and meeting as many of you as possible. Not to mention gaining as much helpful information as possible and entering in as many discussions on here as I can.

Many thanks

James

·
Premium Member
2,862 Posts
Good stuff James. Looking diligently for your GT-R There's nothing in the colour you want that's excited me yet - but no doubt eventually the right car will surface & when it does, I'll be on it!!

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Welcome to the forum buddy. I'm sure Miguel and Matty will live up to their reputation and do you proud mate.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Hello mate, i must be near you (solihull) ? There are a fair few of us around this area if you need help etc in the future.

Also that Blue R34 off top gear lives around here also.

You will have to come to one of our local meets where we normally have a nice range of 32/33/34's all producing 500+ bhp so some nice examples.

Catch you around

Matt.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Welcome to the forum James. Couldn;t have picked a better place to get your Skyline fix, lol.
Good luck with your car!

Justin

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the warm welcome guys and girls!

Matt you're not too far from me; I'm from the Redditch area. I travel past Solihull daily on my way up the M42 in order to get to work (Jaguar Cars, Castle Bromwich). I'll definitely come along to one of the local meets as long as I know when and where it is :thumbsup:

The waiting is tough but I don't mind it as I know that Miguel will find the right car for me. I'd rather wait and find the right car, instead of rushing and ending up with a car that doesn't really tick all of the right boxes.

James

·
Registered
622 Posts
James, Welcome to the forum. Not been a member that long myself
though have owned my GTR since start of may '08.
Noticed you work at C.B. Jag. & come from Redditch. Did you own a
blue scoob & work in B.I.W. in A1-A2. if so I may know you as I work at
Jag also. You may remember me I have the dark blue type R Impreza.

Also Mattsupra also from Solihull. You say quite a few round here. I don't see
Skylines from 1 week to next round here.
Perhaps they all like mine engine waiting to go back in after swallowing
up all my money ! ! !:thumbsup:

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nope, I own a bright white Fiesta ST with fading blue stripes, it’s hard to miss! I work in X351 Trim and Final.

I might have seen your car, there are a fair few Impreza's in the car park usually. I'll keep an eye out for it :thumbsup: Do you use the main car park or Gate 5?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
welcome mate ;) you will love it here bud soo. much info to be had , that oll search button is worth its weight in gold , if you could hold it that is lol

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
James, Welcome to the forum. Not been a member that long myself
though have owned my GTR since start of may '08.
Noticed you work at C.B. Jag. & come from Redditch. Did you own a
blue scoob & work in B.I.W. in A1-A2. if so I may know you as I work at
Jag also. You may remember me I have the dark blue type R Impreza.

Also Mattsupra also from Solihull. You say quite a few round here. I don't see
Skylines from 1 week to next round here.
Perhaps they all like mine engine waiting to go back in after swallowing
up all my money ! ! !:thumbsup:

Belive it or not, birmingham/solihull has the most numbers of skylines across the u.k (or so i belive) There is about 1 for every square mile of brum! I think there is about 8 within a 3 mile radious of my house that i know off.

However, yes they dont come out much, the skylines around here seem to all pack a good punch and are to be fair second cars, not every day drives like most peoples. However if you pop down to one of the local meets (non skyline i may add) there are normaly 6 or 7 nice examples there.

May i just add that there was one greedy user on here that is from shirley that owned 3 skylines at once!

·
Registered
622 Posts
I'm v surprised by the No. of skylines you say especially round solihull. You can prob add 1 to the cars within 3 miles of yourself as you won't be aware of mine as it's been tucked in garage greedily chewing up all my money Lol. If you wouldn't mind p.m. me the next meet I'd like to meet some of the other local owners.
Have to come in the work car though. 200sx. :thumbsup:

p.s. soz for hi-jackin the thread.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
As Matty has said, I think Miguel has managed to find me the car I was looking/hoping for. Hopefully in the New Year I'll be an "official" Skyline owner :thumbsup:

Thanks for the warm welcome!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts