GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone
im new to skylines, got my r33 gtr vspec about 6 weeks ago. had an sti5 before that.
my cars a bit tatty, and a few bits and bobs need sorting. she's down at dragon at the moment for 2 weeks, getting some work done:D
twin steel nismos etc. will post a full list of mods if anyones interested, it'd be good to get some feedback:)
was at trax yesterday, just had to have a look at the two skylines there. r33 was nice, the info sheet was good reading. mega quick, yet still used as an everyday car. which is exactly what mine is.
it'd be good to tag along to the next big skyline meet. any in or near essex?
anyway, if you see a white r33 bombing around colchester/north essex in a fortnights time, chances are its me:smokin:

anyway, nice to meet u all, and hope i enjoy my new home:)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi There

I'd be interested to see the full list of mods and the performance gained from those mods. I would also be interested in your opinion of Dragon. Although they are local to me I haven't really used them for servicing/mods etc. I am cosidering using them please let me know how you get on, there's nothing like a "word of month" recommendation..........

If you see a silver R33 in or around Colchester/Essex it is likely to be me, I too am based in Colchester/Essex.

Don't bomb around colchester to much for those Gatso speed cameras will get you!

Cheers for now! :smokin:

GK

·
Registered
8,531 Posts
Gary,
I've used Dragon quite extensively in the past, both for servicing and for after-market installations, such as exhausts and brakes.

Alan @ Dragonsport is one of the most accomodating guys you'll meet, give him a call, if just for a chat. If only they were nearer to me, I would be there so much more.

They have just moved into new premises, so their workshop is very spacious.

Tell him I sent you. :D

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi garry and blowdog
here are the list of mods....

blitz boost controller
nismo steel turbos and extentions
steel inlet manifold gaskets
cams
valve springs
head porting/flowing+matching to inlet manifold+plenum
steel headgaskets
timing belt
aux belt
hiteq ecu
550cc injectors
hp fuel pump
forged pistons
hp oil pump
sump pan extn

we're hoping for a reliable 550bhp. we'll see.

theyre also sorting my aircon, new starter motor, plus other bits and bobs that need doing.
i can wholeheartedly agree with blowdogs comments about dragon. i dont work for them or anything, and i aint kissing arse, but they are totally helpful and approachable, and know what theyre talking about. they did all the work on my subarus too.
they never try and con me, and they answer emails and phone calls.i thoroughly recommend them;)

their website is www.dragonautosport.co.uk
email is [email protected]

if you go down there, and you see a white r33, its mine, and i'm counting the days till shes back:D

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Dyno Day

Hi fellow essex gtr owner/s (spudgun & Garry)

Are you booked into the Dyno Day2. As Guy says we need as many owners as poss with differing levels of tune/tuners to get comparisons on what we are all doing and which direction to go in.

We'll have to arrange and Essex meet soon yeah.

See Ya.

Glen.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
glen
where and when is dyno day 2?
is anyone else here from essex? a meet would be good!:)

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
essex skyliners

Hello spudgun.

Glad to see u bought a skyline!best thing u could've done m8.:)
I aslo am based in essex,& have seen a couple of white ones in hornchurch.could it be u?
I really would like to see/speak to u about your mods.
they sound very good.
My car is standard at the moment & I'm thinking about tuning my car or selling & buying a tuned one!

As T6KYO suggests,a pub meet would be good.
What do ya think?

Regards
Paul

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi fellas
a meet would be great!
my skyline is ready in just under 3 weeks. basically things have become delayed coz ive decided to go for the extra bits and bobs like forged pistons, oil sump thingy ( as u can tell i know jacksh1t technically:D ), and some of these bits have to come from japan.
i'm getting withdrawl symptoms already:D
the end of this month would be cool. a few of the guys on scoobynet are keen on a meet, as there seems to be a few gtr owners on there too, and quite a few seem to live in essex/herts.
my skyline might not be pretty, infact i'd say shes tatty, but i know dragon are doing a fine job engine wise, and it would be nice to show her off:)
what dates would be good for everyone, any location suggestions? perhaps we could invite some scoobys, there seems to be a lot of interest from scooby owners;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts