GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am from a far away land, Malaysia, to be exact. But the lure of the GTR brings me here:) Great site, excellent work. Happy to virtually meet all like minded GTR/Skyline owners/nuts. May the force be with you and your GTR:D

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Welcome R33 - like you I live in Asia - Singapore although my car is in UK - its the blue R33 on the mini dyno day photo group.
Do you know of any other GTR owners around here as I have seen a couple of R34's in Singapore?

Dino - I have been in touch on a number of occasions with Shin Inoue of the GTROC in Japan - do you know him? My car is currently bog standard and I am planning some mods and was wondering if it makes sense to source the bits locally - I mean in Asia rather than UK. What do you think and can you help?

Richard

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Tykes, how could you live in S'pore and leave your GTR in the UK? I can't leave my GTR even for a single day! But Living in S'pore makes it kinda hard to drive the GTR anyway:D I know a lot of S'porean come to our highways and tracks to drive.Sometime their car clubs even hire the F1 track.

I have seen 4 units of R34 in Malaysia (including one which was badly smashed up after the young owner drove it into a drain 2 weeks after taking delivery!). There are quite a number of 32 and 33 over here and I know a couple of owners. One or two are highly powered (550 hp and above - in fact my friend is now doing a 550 job on his 33). Hey..if you happen to be in KL, give me a shout - we can go to the F1 track if it coincideds with my track day).

Can I comment on your message to Dino? I'd made some comparison on the prices of aftermarket parts for GTR (particularly HKS stuffs) and I find they are cheaper in Malaysia or S'pore than in the UK. Contack GarageR in S'pore or Aerotech in M'sia. Loads of Top Secret stuffs at the former and HKS at the latter. Superb service as well.

·
Registered
9,548 Posts
Tykes.....

Yes I know Shin. He is a very good person to know if you want to tune your GTR. He will be setting up a shop in the UK soon and I'm sure he can help you with anything you might need from Japan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts