GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was hanging around on this forum for quite a time and collecting a hell lot of useful information on my absolute dream car. As I finally recieved my first GTR last Friday, I thought time has come to jon GTROC :smokin:

Now I'd like to introduce myself to all the other GTR enthusiasts :wavey:

My name is Leo (Michael), I'm 28 and from Linz Austria. I'm a design engineer working for Siemens VAI MT Linz.

I'm into cars now for over ten years gaining a lot of experience with any of my projects. My last project car was a DC2 which I completely rebuilt, from a bone stock NA sports car to a turbo charged performance car, on my own (just got a little help with the engine as I don't have all the necessary machines in my garage). It ended up with a 2 litre engine, a Precision T3/T4 BB charger and a hell lot of other goodies, pushing 460bhp and 540Nm of torque @1.2bar of boost, rev limit @9000rpm top speed of 270 km/h (OEM gearbox) and a curb weight of 1000kg.

It was a great fun to drive and the car amazed a lot of Porsche drivers and others with Performance cars when they tried to follow/catch me on the highway. But unfortunately it was just a FF car. This year in spring I decided to sell it and make my biggest dream come true. My first GTR :D

And here it is:

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/123658-bnr32-arrived-austria.html#post1165845

I think this forum is an amazing knowledge data base about the GTR and I would really appreciate to meet some of the GTROC members in person someday for a little chat...
... Perhaps on a trackday on European mainland (thinking of the Nürburgring :D) or on the next trip to Japan (if there'll be another one someday as unfortunately the current one is a bit too late for me to join :bawling:).

Having said this, I whish you all the best!

Cheers

Leo

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Hi Leo!

Nice to see another german speaking Skyline GTR owner on here :) I think this is THE most comprehensive english speaking technical oriented forum for our Cars on the 'Net and you'll find some nice guys from all over the world to talk to!

Marc

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Leo!

Nice to see another german speaking Skyline GTR owner on here :) I think this is THE most comprehensive english speaking technical oriented forum for our Cars on the 'Net and you'll find some nice guys from all over the world to talk to!

Marc
Danke und hallo nach Deutschland!

Ich muss dir volkommen recht geben. Bin normal nicht der große Foren Benutzer (war bisher in erster Linie in diversen Honda Foren unterwegs) weil die meisten Leute nur Blech reden dort und keine Ahnung haben was Sache ist.

Als ich dort mein DC2 Projekt gepostet habe, habe ich haufenweise Anfragen bekommen von Leuten mit 75 PS Civics, was so ein Umbau kostet und ob ich ihnen das auch machen kann. Ich habe ihnen dann geantwortet sie sollten sich vielleicht zuerst mal ein besseres Auto als Basis kaufen und dann erst über diverse Umbauten nachdenken.
Und für die Meisten hier zu Lande ist Tuning ein Sportauspuff (Remus bringt mindestens 50PS, mit Krümmer gleich 100:chuckle:), ein Sportluftfilter (bringt nochmal mindestens 25) und das aller wichtigste, H Gurte und Sportlenkrad und natürlich die Aufkleber nicht vergessen (bringt nochmal 10PS pro Pickerl:chuckle:) ... :chairshot

Aber in diesem Forum ist das anders. Hier gibt es sehr viele Leute die schon viele Erfahrungen mit dem GTR gemacht haben und vor allem auch technisch kompetent sind und das finde ich einfach klasse :clap:

And now lets go back to English again, else some others may think we try to hide anything... :D

for all non German speaking folks in short:

Thats the best forum I've ever been registered to and I admire all the your technical knowledge and expertise about the GTR :clap:

Cheers

Leo

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
WELCOME LEO

NICE LOOKING DC2 NOW ALL WE NEED IS SOME PICS OF YOUR GTR:clap::thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Welcome to the GTROC fella, its great to have you & your R32 along :thumbsup:
Lovely car, lovely car indeed.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Welcome to the GTROC Leo. This is THE greatest place you can go for the Skyline/GTR.
Great organization, great people, great info.
Enjoy!

Justin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts