GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Tim Radley and i'm the owner of Race Developments.

I started the company in 2003 after many years of tuning engines as a hobby whilst working in high level automotive engineering companies for my day job.

The aim was always to try and be one of the best at a fair price. This plan has worked very well and required next to no advertising from day one with most work generated from the recommendation of satisfied customers and from race results. My approach has always been one of absolute honesty and hard work.

The core of the business has been engine development and engine mapping. I've invested heavily in equipment ranging from flowbenches, dyno's, engine machining equipment, superfinishing machine and much more. Most work is carried out in-house, we don't outsource engine building or cylinder head porting so the customer can be assured that the shop front is also the engineering brain too where we maintain control of our product quality.

Over the years i've worked on many projects. These range from simple road tuned engines, to land speed records, motogp engine development, world superbike engines, british superbike engines, isle of man TT podiums and much more. My engines hold world records and multiple british and european championships. I've had an exceptional reliability record despite the level the engines have competed at. Coming from this level of motorsport you can be assured everything we do is meticulous and highly detailed, there is no guesswork involved.

In 2011 i built an engine for Skoda UK in conjunction with Ricky Elder who now works with me. We did 30 passes at the Bonneville Salts flats and smashed the existing 2-litre turbo record. Others have since attempted to break this and failed. I stripped the engine after Bonneville and it was still like new inside. This was the most high profile project i've worked on that i'm allowed to discuss publicly and something i'm very proud of. To give you some idea of the torture the engine had to endure and survived from, please watch this:-

For the last year now we've been working on GT-R engine and mapping development in conjunction with JCR and one other company. The end product we now have far excels the stock car in every way. We've spent many months testing parts and modifications and now that we are happy with the final product have decided to become traders here and offer this to you all.

We will be posting up about the various products and services over the coming weeks but just wanted to give you a quick overview of who we are and what we are about first.

Regards

Tim

·
Registered
9,754 Posts
Hi Tim great to see some different breed of people coming on here with a strong back ground in high level of engineering. I know JCR pride themselves on quality.

Good luck and I may be in touch regarding some work on my project / projects.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Welcome Tim, albeit a tad belated from me. :wavey:
I'm liking what your doing (and done) and the GR6 thread that Ricky has started has also got my juices flowing.:bowdown1:

Great to see quality dedicated guys on the forum and I am thinking you've a new customer coming!!!

Cheers
Louie

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. We have some interesting projects on the go and will keep you all up to date as and when we can :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts