GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:bowdown1:

Non skyline owner here, but hoping to address that situation in the coming months.
Please forgive me if you see me just lurking in the background, & not posting much, but I’m just ‘gleaning’ as much info as I can before I move over to the dark side !!

I currently drive a Mitsubishi Legnum VR4…… If any of you go to regular meets, IE; Japfest..Japshow.. the ring, etc, then you’ve probably already seen my car or even met me !! It’s the silver one with the stupid stickers “CLUB VR4” down the side !! but hey ? don’t knock it because it won best in class at the pod last October [ 12.49 @ 109 mph…….. & recorded a 0-60 of 3.72 secs ! ] :p

Great car as it is/was [ it’s not feeling very well atm :bawling: ] I think now is the time to get something with a little more driver involvement on the track. The VR4 grips like sh!t to a blanket….. but that’s about it ? not much feedback… feel… driver involvement .. etc. & seeing as now I’ve managed to get rid of the wife & kids [ all grown up ] & dogs…. Who needs an estate car anyway ?

Another CVR4 member has ‘forced’ this move on to me. [ he may even be a member on here ?? ] he, having moved over to the dark side with a well sorted R32 [ 458 bhp ] his car is absolutely magnificent on the track, with switchable 2/4wd for fun drifting, & a time of 8.48 at the ring recently with me in the suicide seat is not to be sniffed at !!
Maybe at my age, [ 48] I aught to be in my rocking chair with my pipe & slippers & a nice malt whisky, but nah !! I still feel the need for speed ! there’s life in the old dog yet ! [ just ask my 19 yr old girlfriend !! ]

Anyway.. enough waffling. :blahblah: :blahblah: Soon………….. very soon, I will be in the market for a R32. [ or 33…… or 34 !! ]

Thanx for reading, Derek. Aka SGHOM. Xx :cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jamesbilluk said:
if you wanna really nice one have a look here : http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/showthread.php?t=60176

James.
yes... I saw that !! V nice indeedy. :bowdown1:
sadly, it's not the one for me. :sadwavey: I have several other forms of transport, & a reputation for not looking after my cars ! :mad: I'm really after a track day car... one I can use & abuse... but will get me home at the end of the day, hopefully !!
My legnum is parked my drive on axle stands looking very sad indeed. I had a boost leak/slight loss of power, & we [other CVR4 "experts??" ] put it down to a dodgy/tired rear turbo. so I replaced both front & rear turbos, but It made little differance ? :bawling: then...... instead of investigating the problem further, I just parked it up & left it !! :chairshot :chairshot I really am a lazy sod !! :p

My budget for a R32 will only be determined by the car I find. Ideally, I'm looking for one with 400+ bhp. colour..condition..mileage.. are irrelivant to a degree.

Derek.

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Hi Derek,

Welcome to the register and I hope you find what you're looking for.:squintdan :squintdan

I know the events person off the VR4 Club...nice chap. Might of seen you, visited the stand at Japfest in May. Are you guys going to Japfest 2?...if so see you then :thumbsup:

Claire
:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes Claire, we will be at JF11. :clap: :clap:
We will have 40 cars on the stand & 25 of them have booked track time, including me ! :) [ I have special dispensation to take my Saaaab on track !! ] :p
As it's also a members 40th birthday that w/e, there are around 50 of us stopping in a nearby hotel for a couple of nights :thumbsup: :smokin: :puke: :puke: so If we dont make it saturday.. you'll know why !!

I'll pop along to the GT-R stand & say hello :thumbsup: if you dont mind ?? that is I assume you'll have a stand ??

Derek.

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
interlec said:
I'll pop along to the GT-R stand & say hello :thumbsup: if you dont mind ?? that is I assume you'll have a stand ??

Derek.
Of course...pop over and say hi!

It's the National Skyline meet also at this event, so lots of Skylines to see!

Claire
:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts