GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys

Just thought Id best say hi before I start harrassing you guys with loads of questions (dont worry - I know how the search function works ;) )

I've spoken to a few of you off here already and I've found everyone to be very helpful and friendly :wavey:

Im not yet a Skyline owner and Im in the process of getting my head round selling my very much loved Scoob. Been a Subaru enthusiast for a few years now and Im usually over on Scoobynet but the Skyline thing is an itch that just wont go away until its been scratched.

I havent driven or even been in a Skyline yet, so Im off to test drive one or two this weekend to see if Im going to like the change.

How many of you guys have moved from a Scoob to a Skyline - and if you dont mind me asking, how was the transition?

I've still got my Scoob to shift on but I dont think that should take long to be honest.

(BTW - Im looking at getting a R33 GT-R V Spec if poss)

Jeff.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was going to say "Erm.... drive it? :D"

But Im still a newbie and shouldnt be cheeky :eek:

In all seriousness, I will be modding it if thats what you mean, from doing some research Id say I will probably take it to Stage 2 and maybe beyond (I believe thats how you guys refer to different stages of tuning?).

So on that note, Im hoping to get one that has already had at least Stage 1 done to save me sorting out the basics and to also ensure that Im not going to be going backwards in terms of performance (getting rid of the Scoob which is pretty quick and V agile) and therefore grin factor if you know what I mean?

Jeff.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Oooh another Scoobynet convert! Greetings :)

I'm also awaiting Skyline-age after moving my Scooby onto a new home (well, about 200 new homes actually).

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,033 Posts
Welcome.

There are some good stage one+ cars in the For Sale section.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Yeah i'm with you, I don't currently own a skyline (or a car LOL) But it sounds like your going the right way about it..What scooby are you selling then?

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Hello Jeff.

I had a scoob. before my Skyline but lucky i have both now.
You will love the Gtr mate far better. Just keeps going.
If you need any help or advice please just PM me i will be happy to help. I am not a know it all but i know i thing or two if not i know someone that does if you know what i mean:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Any way welcome.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
welcome to the forum, and good luck with the Skyline hunting, once converted, I doubt you will go back to anything else.

As a word of advice which I'm sure you already know - look at as many cars as possible before making your mind up. It's a buyers market out there.:)

Steve

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :clap:

I have been in touch with a couple of the guys in the For Sale section ;) and I've also been looking at a few of the more reputable importers as well. Im definitely going to look at quite a few before I make my mind up to part with my hard earned (unless anyone fancies a swap :D). Im off to test drive a couple this weekend to see how they compare but to be fair, they might not give the best impression so Im not expecting too much (its a place Id say we all know very well and in terms of buying - stay well clear of)

NuttyRB26 Heres what Im finding hard to let go of:

Jeff.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Hi there Jeff, Beautiful car mate. Like i said i really dont think the ones you will see will be true reflection of what a R33 GTR is all about. Put it this way i don't think you could make a decision on whether you want a Skyline or not based on what you experience on the weekend.

Have a good look around, but beware I am 100% sure you will be hooked after you look at a couple of decent ones.

Good luck in your search

Faz

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Hi Faz,

Just showed my lady some of the adverts on here and she wants me to buy yours LOL

RE: This weekend...

Yeah, I realise that but as mentioned I havent even sat in a Skyline let alone driven one. The last thing I want to do is waste a private sellers time by just using them as a guinnea pig so I can have a test drive. Although saying that, if mine was sold then it would be genuine enough.

As for where Im off to at the weekend, Im well aware of what they're like but I still think it will at least give me base to build on. Apparently they have one in with around 600bhp :D

Obviously, my first choice is to get a V spec as I suppose they're more desirable but in the real world, how much "better" are the V Specs in terms of driveability?

Jeff.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
lol...she has good taste!

V-spec's have Active Limited Slip Differential and sit a little lower in standard form, but with most GTR's suspension upgraded with coilovers etc this is not really important

Cant think of anything else really, anyone?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Jay_bee said:
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :clap:

I have been in touch with a couple of the guys in the For Sale section ;) and I've also been looking at a few of the more reputable importers as well. Im definitely going to look at quite a few before I make my mind up to part with my hard earned (unless anyone fancies a swap :D). Im off to test drive a couple this weekend to see how they compare but to be fair, they might not give the best impression so Im not expecting too much (its a place Id say we all know very well and in terms of buying - stay well clear of)

NuttyRB26 Heres what Im finding hard to let go of:

Jeff.
Rather nice car you have there jeff :thumbsup: Thanks for showing th pics.. I'm suprised you're having such a hard time getting rid of it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
She does have good taste indeed Faz ;)

I think to be honest I really want a V Spec I think, purely on the basis that they are slighty more desirable and it'll do my head in if I dont get the "best" one if you get my drift? :chuckle:

(Notice you've got yours on Fleabay now - how was the Evo 7?)

NuttyRB26 - thanks for nice remark :thumbsup:

I think you misunderstood, Im not having a hard time actually selling her, Im having a hard time getting my head round letting her go IE: I dont want to sell her. I have put it up for sale twice and changed my mind both times (obviously).

Im pretty confident it will sell fairly quickly, last time I only had it advertised for a week and I had 4 people after it!

Jeff.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mines a GC8 ;)

No worries on the spec list - I'll apologise in advance to the rest of you Skyline girls and boys on the Scoob stuff... :D

WRX Type R STi Version V, WRC Limited
(Usual Type R stuff - DCCD, alloy bonnet, water spray etc)
50,200 on the clock but only 19,000 on the engine.
Engine rebuild by TEG Sport Approx 19k miles ago (only done motorway miles)

Uprated Oil Pump
Exedy Uprated Organic clutch API lightened flywheel (7kg instead of 12kg standard one)
Saard Alloy double core Racing Radiator
AndrewC custom made induction heatshield (unbelievably effective in reducing the induction charge temp)
Newage TMIC
Apexi Power Induction
Forge uprated Re-Circ valve
H&S 3" Open Neck, Decatted Downpipe (heat wrapped) with OE heatshield cut and modified to fit.
H&S 3" Decat Centre Section (resonated)
H&S 3" Jap Style Back Box (with slash cut done for me by Ian at H&S)
Apexi PFC mapped by Andy F (for UK Fuel)
Apexi FC Commander (hand unit for the PFC)
Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
Steel Braided brake hoses
EBC Redstuff Ceramic brake pads
Dot 5.1 brake fluid
Apexi N1 Pro Damper Coilovers
Adjustable Pillowball Topmounts
Cusco 4 point lower body brace
J's Inner Wing Tower Bars
Rear upper STi Strutbrace
Rear lower STi Strutbrace
Uprated STi Droplinks
Uprated STi Trailing arms
18" Kei Ultralights with 215/35/18's Toyo Proxy T-1R's. Loads of tread left.
STi Roll Cage
Original Distress flare
Apexi EL Boost Gauge (with Warning,Peak & Max boost memory setting)
Alpine Front Loading CD/Radio (double din)
Alpine Graphic/MD Player (double din)
Alpine 6 Disk Autochanger
Alpine Pro DDDrive Speakers
Alpine V12 Amp

320bhp~316lbs/ft (on optimax)

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
Welcome matey. I had a scooby for a month or so but couldn't get on with it. The Skyline will feel very different - You'll love it.
I wouldn't worry about whether the car is a V-spec or not, a good stage 1 R33 GTR of any type will feel fantastic.

Mine does:D :smokin:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts