GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have recently purchased a R33 GTS with a 2.0 Engine...
I am a first timer and have wanted a Skyline for years and this was a good buy ( to insure run etc )as I am only 28 and a recent graduate (SKINT) . Any ideas as to what is possible with such a car, as I can't find anything to fit it except for a Bomex Aero Kit,
which I DO intent having......

Thank you forever for any help you guys can give me.

even Though I really am not worthy to be here asking these muppety questions but I am only lickle.

Draxx :)
AKA The Lowest of the Low in Skyline ownership

·
Registered
637 Posts
Don't put yourself down, Draxx

It's still a Skyline and from what I hear they are still a very powerfull car capable of causing serious embarassment to the vast majority of road users.

When I was 28 I had a Ford Capri, in banana yellow with a black vynil roof....but that was a LONG time ago.
It proves that your taste in cars is a lot better than mine was at that age!

John ;)

·
Registered
520 Posts
Nothing wrong with a Capri John. I have a 2.8i sitting outside at the moment, although it's not Banana yellow ;) I am 23 and I only bought it a couple of months ago. What does it say about my tastes? :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
gts

Hello dont get the bomex way over the top have a look at the trial bodykit for the gts at www.trial.co.jp i think bill greer sells these kits in Scotland.(everybody has to start somewhere:smokin: )

·
Registered
506 Posts
GTS

Draxx,

Nought wrong with a gts. Damn good cars. I've had one for almost 2 years and I still smile every time I drive it. If you're thinking of doing anything to the engine you might want to peak t Gary at GT-aRt. He's done a very very nice development job on my engine. You don't have to go the full wack but a few tweaks here and there will increase the grin factor.

Just a thought mate:D

Enjoy the car;)

Best wishes,

Stu

p.s. you should visit Ron S's execellent gts site

Skyline gts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Simon,

Seventies revivalist! Play some Slade and put yer flares on!

Mine was a crappy 1.6

john

·
Registered
515 Posts
Ok, I admit it!

I had a 1.6 Laser and then a 2.0 Laser that I put a Burton race engine in with Nitrous! It had a 2.1 rebore, Burton fast road cam, Twin weber 40's, aye....it was a beast!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Which engine do you have?

Is it the RB20DE or the RB20E?

This engine isn't the most tunable out there. The one in the R32 came with 155bhp but the R33 only came with 130bhp. Not sure why exactly seeing as it's a much heavier car. You sure you've not got the 2.5 engine?

About all you can do to your car power wise is, polish and port of head, cams, better injectors and air filter/exhaust.

Depends what you want really. If I were you I wouldn't spend much on the engine as it's not the best unit out there. Spend some money making the car look nice and then save up for a bigger engine to drop in it. Best bet is to find a smashed R33 GTS25T with the RB25DET engine in it. These are pretty quick as standard.

For bodykits.....I just sold a complete GTR conversion kit for £500! Missed out there! Most GTR body parts go straight on if you want a GTR lookalike. Alternatively there's loads of companies in Japan making cool kits. Check out www.takakaira.com for pictures. Also there's a guy in England making fibreglass copies of Nismo 400R front bumpers for not a lot of money! PM me and I'll dig his email address out for you!

James

·
Registered
27 Posts
GTS4

Draxx

I have got a R33 GTS4 and with 190 bhp standard with the RB25DE (now probably whopping 195 bhp :smokin: with a blitz air kit ad a magnex exhaust).

Like you I have wanted a skyline for ages and grabbed this when it was going cheap on an importer's site, not even knowing what is was. Only later did I find out more about the skyline family and where mine stand in the range :(. There's no denying that they are tame compared to gtr's, but once pass that they are great cars. Fairly powerful, and distinctive which you won't find many of in the uk.

As for upgrading, there's really not much point apart from the air kit+exhaust for the moment being, and perhaps making it look nice with larger wheels and bodykit. then I would recommend either getting a RB25DET engine (not the route I am taking as I have got a auto :mad: ) or start saving now for that gtr.

Min

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi mate

We still have a couple of Magnex Full Systems with twin 3.5" tailpipes available for £149.99.

A very worthy upgrade at an ultra cheap price. They are listed to fit R32 and R33 GTS and GTRs.

Let me know if you'd like one?

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll still have a tailpipe..

The tailpipe /backbox should fit anyway shouldn't it??

I dunno for sure.

How Much for that?

I understand if you don't want to split...

Draxx:p

·
Registered
17 Posts
2 Litre Skyline

There are only 2 companies that make exhausts for the 2 litre skyline.
1 is Blitz and only the blitz realize ttzr { mild steel system Stainless back box } £ 700 with VAT { Not Worth it } and HKS again mild steel and stainless £ 650 with vat and if you go to powerflow there the kiddies for the 2 litre. I,m having mine fitted on Wednesday Full Cat Back Stainless 2 3/4 inch pipe and Back Box with 5 1/2 inch outlet. And fitted is a mere £ 349
ps; If you know anyone who want a standard system in good condition i have 1 for sale £160 again these are near on impossible to get anywhere
Mick

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I'd go along with Stu - visit a tuner and have a chat, even if you dont spend much with them you'll get a whole load of suggestions for power increases and most of them will talk to you especially if you talk face to face. At least you'll have a good idea of what to aim for now and for later on as you decide to spend more (and more and more and more - its addictive)

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
Have a look at the thread date...........................

·
Banned
7,219 Posts
John Lowe said:
from what I hear they are still a very powerfull car capable of causing serious embarassment to the vast majority of road users.
LOL! Old ladies in motability scooters, maybe ;)
Whered you hear that?

2litre non turbo in a heavy car is slow, facto.
Itd be serious embarresment to yourself as a Saxo VTR tears you up, and then goes posting on Saxo Sports Website about how he destroyed a 800bhp Skyline (as everyone seems to think Skylines are all mental fast)

I still dont get all this "Its still a skyline" thing! Skylines are not classed as supercars regardless of type, its just a name like Sierra, or Golf, many "normal" models as well as "special" ones.

Back to the post tho--
Tons of bodykits and wheels to choose from, anything that fits a GTST will fit yours, so youl do fine.
Dont bother with performance stuff apart from a straight engine swap to somthing from a far more powerful model as its a waste of time really.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Now you're gonna get bashed for being 'elitist' ;) :D

You'd have trouble keeping up with a 2l Mondeo, but I know which car I'd rather have :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts