GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya

Just popping in to say hello and to try to get to know someone hopefully !

Just weighing up the pros and cons of ownership at the mo, so will nag
your ears off soon LOL!

Claire

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Welcome :)
Check out the search facility as I guess most of what you might want to know has been asked before. The for sale section has quite a few cars as well :)

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
Welcome:)
As John said, lots of already answered questions in the search facility, including the pro's and cons and costs of everyday running a Skyline as a daily driver.
Still welcome to ask questions though, as there are always various opinions here.

·
Registered
8,546 Posts
Welcome to the forum Claire. What kind of model do you have in mind?
In a nutshell... (From a GTR owners point of view)

PRO's
Endless amounts of fun.:clap:
Good Club to join. :clap:
The 'Skyline Smile'. :clap:
Ascencion to God-like status by the lesser members of the car community (only kidding LOL, although chavvy teenagers are never off your back asking 'how fast is it mate??'). :rolleyes:
Not too many of them about. :bowdown1:
Oh, and endless amounts of fun :clap:

CONS
A little bit of an addiction for Super Unleaded. :bawling:
Spares prices can be a little more than a Ford or VX although plenty of good S/H stuff about. :bawling:
Tuning parts prices are INSANE if you buy new. Again S/H market reasonable.
Insurance, while not too bad for me, might be beyond what some people are willing to pay. :bawling:

:p :p :p

I've wanted one for the last 10 years (yes,really!) and have ooed and ahhed about it for ages. Finally had a reality check and started looking for one. Drove quite a few before settling on the one I've got now. Its VERY important to do your research and drive a few before going for one. Get a feel for problems/prices/etc from the forum as there's loads of priceless information on here that will steer you in the right direction. Also plenty of sound, knowledgeable advice if things go pear-shaped. However, perhaps the BEST bit of advice I can give (and which was given to me when I was looking to buy) is have your eyes WIDE open when it comes to costs and dont try and operate a Skyline on a shoestring budget (dont know if it can be done for GTS,-T etc). I'm sure there are people who do it but if something goes 'pop' and your not in a position to get it fixed then it'll be off the road for ages and you'll be looking at alternative transport. :bawling: :bawling:

Hope this helps and again, welcome

Scott
aka TT

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
SteveN said:
And seemingly customary of current members to act like desperate goons the minute someone resembling a female posts on the board :D :p
I never miss out on a lady's presence :chuckle:

·
Registered
930 Posts
oooh a bird! Welcome to the forum and may i say what a smashing blouse you have on :D

·
Registered
553 Posts
Out of the way fellas I saw her first! :D

Seriously though,
Welcome Claire, the search function at the top of the page will give access to a lot of information for you to read

Sev

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Bad move Claire, everybody's gonna jump on you now lol
:clap: :clap: :clap:

btw, welcome, I'm a newbie too :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts