GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any tracks and or track day companies that don't require you to wear helmet as I simply can't fit in I have about half inch gap with no lid?

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Lol at the choice of words to start the topic.

Don't think you'd want to risk driving on track without a helmet even if they let you.

Also you may want to go aftermarket seat(s) as this will lower the driving position by anything up to 6 inches I believe.

·
Premium Member
2,027 Posts
Depending how many track days your looking to do, you may want to look at an aftermarket seat with a lower driving position, such as tillet or bride.
A few airfield days don't require or stipulate helmets to be worn, but its always better just incase..

·
Premium Member
2,127 Posts
Are there any tracks and or track day companies that don't require you to wear helmet as I simply can't fit in I have about half inch gap with no lid?
Are you actually being serious with that question, "Are there any tracks and or track day companies that don't require you to wear helmet"

Even if there was such company would you not wear one anyway, I know I would and so would a large percentage of folk!

With my helmet on I had to tilt my head forward a bit while I was driving.

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
so, would you ride a bike (motor or otherwise) without a lid ??? If so, then you don't deserve to be able to ask such stupid questions !!! RETARD !!!Or you will be if you have an off and crunch your skull !!!!

·
Administrator
31,883 Posts
so, would you ride a bike (motor or otherwise) without a lid ??? If so, then you don't deserve to be able to ask such stupid questions !!! RETARD !!!Or you will be if you have an off and crunch your skull !!!!
Do you wear a helmet when you rag around on public roads?

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
No as I never "rag" around on public roads !! C'mon Mike you know where I am coming from, "we" are experienced Track day day addicts and know the risks involved !!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
If she on the Rag you eave her at home !!!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
See a lot of autocar,Evo mag chris Harris etc on track without helmets plus clarkson and co every week???

·
Administrator
31,883 Posts
No as I never "rag" around on public roads !! C'mon Mike you know where I am coming from, "we" are experienced Track day day addicts and know the risks involved !!!!!
I know what you are saying but the OP Is saying he can't wear a helmet and would obviously like to try his car on track. He can drive within his limits if he is sensible and crashing on a track is still a lot safer than crashing on the road.

Besides ;)

We then went for a ride for around an hour which demonstrated what his modified GTR can do. I wont say what we got up too as the imagination can do the rest. Lets just say that Steve knows how to drive full stop!!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've done many track days in Evos they have plenty of head room so always had my bike lid on but that's not an option in the GTR think it's different seats.

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
Yep and look what happened to Masa and Hammond, to name but a few and they were wearing helmets and still live. Hence ALL motor sports, even karting WEAR HELMETS

This is a stupid ****ing argument + if you wanna do track days you abide by the Track rules, simple as !!!!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It's not an argument it's a discussion on the fact that I can't fit in the car with a helmet on so are there tracks that allow no helmets or as someone suggested different seats no argument you see.

·
Premium Member
8,835 Posts
No, but you are asking if it is advisable to go on TRACK without a helmet on your head, your choice but go into your kitchen get an egg out and drop it on the floor, if that don't change your mind then you deserve what you get !!!!

Some of my best friends are marshalls at track side that have to sweep your brain cells up after a crash, GET ANOTHER CAR, seat or sunroof !!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts