GTR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello chaps,

Last week my 4WD light came on, On the way to work, Got to work didnt have time to check the Code led when i got there, Lunch time i had a look, started car, everything ok? i had a wiggle at the fuses, went for a drive ev ok? I checked Oil level etc;;; Now done 10 miles or so, on way to work BANG! On again, So checked codes , Thay are 18 & 19, i have got the manual, so i will have a play tomorrow, I was just wondering if anyone has has this fault before & could put me in the right direction?
While looking at the manual, the picture of the ETS relay is not that clear, Where is it? under bonnet? under dash? Boot?,

I would be very gratful for help, If no one has had this problem when i do get it fixed i will let you know, I have searched the threads on this, but nothing helps in detail.

Regards Brett

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thought i better tell everyone what was wrong with my 4WD on my R32 GTR,
It was the big yellow wire going in to the relay behind the panel which covers the rear lights in the boot. As you looking in the boot there are 2 relays to your left, 1 small & 1 large, It was the wire going to the Big relay, it had been arcing out on the terminal, Removed wire fitted new spade terminal, refit Job fixed.
One very happy chap.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
helpful for troubleshooting! my 4WD has been occassionally intermittent - a wiggle on the fuse under the hood has been all that's needed, but something else is sure to go wrong at some point :p

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes they are the ones, I read one thread & the guy said the Big relay had got hot in his case, he filed the contacts & that fixed his fault, I found the yellow wire had got hot, you could see where it had been arcing.

This looks like a very good start if your 4WD is playing up.:thumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.