GTR Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have an 09 GTR R35 Stage 4 around 650bhp.

I have got a really bad gearbox grind, it only happens when the box is in ''R'' mode and im at high revs backing off, its not like a clutch noise its sounds nasty. Its every gear too, fine going up the box, just backing off and engine braking so to speak. Only when driving hard too.

Its had the valves cleaned and the clutch leaned recently but it hasn't helped, any ideas what it could be?

Its got Dodson gear-stoppers and cir-clips, EcuTek 2014 box map too.

Any help would be great before i spend a fortune haha.

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
It would be worth talking with Middlehurst. Not sure who the nearest tuner for you is although if you are considering middlehurst you should also have a chat with Andy at AC Speedtech who may have actually been the one that did the circlips in the first place.

I wasn't sure if you were for real with your first post. The way you wrote it and also your comments on other threads made me think you were taking the piss. That coupled with a multitude of 'new members' who are posting in an odd way.

·
Vendor
480 Posts
Sounds like to me the FWD lock is rubbing off the clutch basket
Normally would expect fault codes with this, if the gear can move that far it gets out of sight of the speed sensor.

Be quite clear over whether the car had gear stops and piston clips (which myself and middlehurst do fit regularly) or circlips which are a totally different component less regularly fitted.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the help guys, no im serious haha, i can see why you thought i wasn't with the R mode though.

Its going on the rolling road at evotune on friday hes going to see if he can hear it and pin point why its actually doing it.

No warning codes or anything flash up.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Also like you say im not 100% sure this work has been carried out to the gearbox.

Need a bell housing too as it rattles really bad, think there was a manufacturing fault with the bearing seat am i right?

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
the gear could only move forward if both the fwd lock and oem clirclip failed

it's not the first time i'v heard of a Dodson Fwd lock coming loose.

a poor design IMHO

we only use and recommend xtreme gear locks.

·
Premium Member
5,786 Posts
I would look through your receipts quicksharp so you can be specific about whats been done and who did it. I would also be wary about the car until that was resolved. Left unfixed this sort of thing can change from lower cost fix to absolute catastrophe.

Jamie at Evotune seems like agent from the dealings I have had. I cannot vouch for his knowledge of the R35 gearbox (either way). Jurgen at JM Imports has certainly seen the inside of a few R35's and is only 30 mins from you as an additional option.

How long have you had the car?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts