GTR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like my weekend has now going to be taken up by stripping half of the engine down to fix a huge water leek, it started a few weeks ago when a part of the piping developed a small pin sized hole and sprayed water everywhere, so fixed that and now the mother of all leaks just started when I popped out for my lunch

Help I need is this

The leak is on the drivers side right under the inlet manifold, hard to get to and there are two rubber hoses one on top of each other, now by squeezing my hand in (whilst getting burnt by the hot water and scratched to F**k by some cable ties) I think the top hose of the two is pi**ing out, now how much am I going to have to take off to easily get to the leaking hose and any suggestions as to where I can get replacement from / or temporarily fix it until it goes in for a cambelt change on the 11th

I know it would be easier to explain with piccies but Ill try to sort some out tomorrow morning when its light

btw only got a 10minute drive home later but if I top it right up can i get away with driving it ?

any help welcome....!!!!

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Are they big(17mm) or small(8mm) hoses?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ahhh...........

Would that be because Ive only just started using the heater the last day or so as its getting colder and I'm nesh ?

Thanks anyway

Will I have to strip much of to get at it ? and can I get a replacement hose easily from anywhere ?

Cheers

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
why do I get the feeling that it isnt only the engine bay Im going to be stripping down, I take it to replce the hose if its split Ill need to be going under the dash to get at the heater its self :p

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
One end of the pipe is on the bulkhead, the other is under the plenum. Probaby the easiest way to get to it is under the car. But 1st you have to remove the starter motor. Either that or you will need to remove the plenum, which is a gastly job.

Personally, the motor option wins every time.

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
pulling the motor - two bolts for the motor, one for the transmission, remove front driveshafts, and then unplug a zillion hoses and wires, vent A/C gas, drain radiator....have I missed any big steps? Is it possible to pull the engine and transmission out together?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lol

Thanks kismetcapitan for brightening up my Friday......... /me jumps from 5th floor window

Ok so starter motor for the win :)

·
Skyline Section Manager
11,878 Posts
Don't forget to disconnect the battery 1st....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
o well

it is right at the bottom near the bulkhead so I cant get anywhere near it without ramps, little bit larger than a pin hole, and not the hose thats ferked but a metal t piece, boy does it throw some coolent out for such a small hole

in for cambelt on the 11the so have to pay someone to do it then :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts