GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have tried searching for a solution to my problem, but all of the posts didnt exactly help my certain predicament.

I have a 92 GTR, and for about a month now, I have been experiencing a loss of power. In first gear, the car revs up to about 5000 rpm, then misfires, hesistates, and sputters. I also notice that my boost is only barely reaching 0.5 Bar, when it used to reach 1.0 Bar when I first got the car.

In second gear it does the same thing at 4500 rpm and again, the boost only reaches 0.5 Bar.

When I am just driving normally, in all gears, there is a high pitched whistle.

I am sort of a beginner with this car, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Nolan

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sounds like a boost leak alrite.
i had a similar problem on my S14.
first check any of the plastic pipes that run near / close to the exhaust manifold
as this area will be hottest. then check the connections arund the intercooler incase a pipe may just be loose.
basically folllow the path the pipes take from the turbos to the intercooler to the engine and check theyre all on properly and theres no holes in any of them.

if your lucky it shouldnt be too hard to find ;-)

if you do find a hole in a pipe in or around the manifold its a good idea to get some heat wrap and stick it round the new pipe when you replace it, then it wont happen again..

btw, im sure it goes without sayin, do this when the cars cold as things can be VERY hot around the engine :) good luck...

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
yep, boost leak. a 0.5 bar sized leak should be pretty easy to find. Try finding one that only opens at 1.7 bar (my problem)....

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
my bet is on the rubber pipe that goes from the twin turbo pipe to the intercooler connection by the wing. under the foam sleeve.
good luck getting a replacement, everyone i have got has been split aswell!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Dont you guys preassure-test your systems?

I do this BEFORE I take the car to get the car on the dyno and getting it maped/tuned.

If there is a problem you can easaliy check the system again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts