GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys!

I am due to get married in Buxton, Derbyshire on 18th July 2015 and I have been desperately searching everywhere to find a White GTR to use as our wedding car for my partner to drive back from the church to the venue (5.4 miles). The car then wont be driven again and will purely be for photograph purposes.

We are absolutely GTR mad and it would truly make our wedding day to have this dream come true!

Can anyone help?

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts

yeah I will bring my GT-R to an unknown location on my own, as long as you promise not to car-jack/murder me, and take my car.

·
Registered
401 Posts

yeah I will bring my GT-R to an unknown location on my own, as long as you promise not to car-jack/murder me, and take my car.
And don't forget you won't be driving it mate the partner is lol:thumbsup:
On another note all the best for the big day;)

·
Registered
941 Posts
I think we need a post of you in the wedding dress to ensure that you'd fit in the cabin ok.
They're big on the outside, small on the inside. It would be a shame to ruin your dress.

Sadly mine isn't white. Good luck for the day! :D

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hmmmm, excuse me for my suspicions but what are your names and where exactly are you getting married? Also have you seen a white GTR in Buxton?

·
Super Moderator
16,098 Posts
Need I remind people we do not tolerate personal insults. Next one results in a ban, no discussion.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hmmmm, excuse me for my suspicions but what are your names and where exactly are you getting married? Also have you seen a white GTR in Buxton?
Wow, sorry hadn't seen all these comments!
Lol my name is Sally, my partners name is James and we get married in Tideswell Cathedral (St. John baptist) and then back to my parents house where we will have a marquee for around 70 guests. I haven't seen a white GTR in Buxton unfortunately, hence why we are struggling. I have tried the car hire companies but they are all based in London from what I can see. I do completely understand that it's difficult for my partner to drive the GTR so I thought perhaps whoever can help us (obviously paid for your kindness) would perhaps just let James drive it into the venue rather than all the way from the church to the venue.

Really hopeful someone can help us - hence why I'm asking so far in advance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think we need a post of you in the wedding dress to ensure that you'd fit in the cabin ok.
They're big on the outside, small on the inside. It would be a shame to ruin your dress.

Sadly mine isn't white. Good luck for the day! :D
Struggling to post a photo as I'm away for the weekend and doesn't seem to have the option on the thread? Will post when I'm back tomorrow :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Threads like this take me back.

This is exactly what we are looking for!
My partner and all his friends are into Jap cars so my partner will be driving his ek9 civic to the church, and his friends will each be convoying behind in their Miatas, ep2 etc. on the entrance to the marquee will be a red carpet and the cars will be lined all the way up the red carpet - kind of like a car show before you get to the venue lol.

·
Premium Member
13,400 Posts
Struggling to post a photo as I'm away for the weekend and doesn't seem to have the option on the thread? Will post when I'm back tomorrow :)
You need to get to 15 posts before you can put photos up. Good luck with trying to sort a car, you have to see it from these guys point of view though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You need to get to 15 posts before you can put photos up. Good luck with trying to sort a car, you have to see it from these guys point of view though.

Ah thanks for the heads up - will post one once I reach 15!
Yeah I completely see it from their point of view which is why not only are we offering money for a few hours of helping us out, but also considering James only driving it down the drive of the venue rather than from the church itself. James is very car proud so hopefully someone on here will see an opportunity to help a fellow car lover have the perfect wedding day!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts