GTR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I just updated the ecutek software on my car (my10) and now it's not starting, all processes on the laptop went fine. After I disconnected the obd and tried to start the car everything dies as engine tries to tick over. I stupidly did not connect my ctek whilst I was updating so is it possible it's just the battery drained? ( I drive once or twice a week and recently battery has been a nuisance) only worrying thing is that all internal lights/ dash light up just fine. Any advice appreciated, thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,040 Posts
Deffinately sounds like your battery mate. Nothing to worry about. Plug the CTEK in for tonight and all will be well for the morning.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, was indeed the battery, plugged in the ctek for 10-15 mins and it fired up fine. The batteries on these cars are so poor. I'd taken the car out over the weekend for a long drive and the mapping was no more then 5 mins, I think a yellow top may have to go in.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi dude,

I used to work for Batterymegastore, google them and ring them up and ask about batteries, talk to Paul Colins there as he knows his stuff.

If not then dont put it on charge over night as this might not do anything.
When a battery gets down to about a 20% then you need to boost charge it and not trickle charge it as a trickle wont touch it, most common thing people think when a battery is 'Dead' but it just needs a good boost charge.

Hope this helps

Thanks

·
R35 Section manager
11,050 Posts
Mine lives on a Ctex charger so the battery is always good

1 - 13 of 13 Posts