GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guy's new here, a little help please ? Right if all my plan's go well i will be in the market for a Skyline early next year, but am confussed what to get, money shouldn't be a problem so which one should it be ? I think i want a R34 m-spec nur ? Is this the one to have ? Also where from ? I want to buy new if poss, and what about serviceing ? Whats a reliable power figure to tune to ? Thank's in advance.
Mike.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Best speaking to Shin, on this forum (he runs Prospec). NUR's are very rare as they are sold out and production of skylines ended in August.

There will be a new model which will probably be released January 2004, but won't be based on the RB26DETT engine (as used in R32-34GTRs - highly tuneable).

As your in Glos Iain @ litchfields may also be able to help, but I'm not sure if he'll have any luck tracking down an NUR.

Also it would be good to get another GTR in the area - not many round here at the moment.

Jon

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx for the speedy reply ! Had a look at prospec, some very nice cars ! I could do with out a nur if they are that hard to find aslong as i could find a nice r34. What are the mechanican differences (if any) between the M and V spec models ? I'm thinking of a M for leather but would not like to sacrifice any driving aids etc . Would like a Bayside blue or a Black one really.
Mike.

·
Registered
9,546 Posts
M-spec gets ripple control dampers which are supposidly more confortable than V-spec/2...but that is personal preference as I dont really like them. M-spec also comes with full leather interior and heated front seats. You can get a full description of all the BNR34 model variations on Shins site:

http://www.prospec-ms.co.uk/models/bnr34.html

BTW...M-specs were not made in Bayside Blue

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right then what would you recomend ? This will be a second car but will be used for long trips away, sometimes cross continental so it can't ride like an F1 car. But i still would like the ultimate (or as near as i can) so i would like to buy the best from the off.
Mike.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right ! it looks like it's going to be a R34 V-spec 2, i'll give the leather a miss until i can get it retrimmed.
Mike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.