GTR Forum banner

HELP!!!-Front torque gauge

999 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  r33 v-spec 
#1 ·
Since today I have ntoiced that the front torque split gauge on my car goes up when I accelerate and then fluctuates when I change gear.

What is the problem???

I know that gauge should only work in extreme cases. It's just only started and never used to happen.

Please HELP!!!

#4 ·
You see I've had the car for nearly 2 mths and this only started happening y/day.

So that is wy I'm worried. Normally it never used to move; only when going round bends at silly speeds.

No when you accelerate it moves and then when changing gear it goes up and dips.

Also one other i noticed is that it stays around 1/2mm off the stopper when normal driving. When stationery it takes a second or so to come back to rest.

Thanks for your feedback, but I'm still worried.

#8 ·
Haven't got round to check the tyre pressures yet

And no clutch replaced so far...!!!

One thing I did notice today was, that the reservoir in the boot for the 4WS was a little above the MAX mark.

Would that make a difference???

#9 ·
r33 v-spec said:
Haven't got round to check the tyre pressures yet

And no clutch replaced so far...!!!

One thing I did notice today was, that the reservoir in the boot for the 4WS was a little above the MAX mark.

Would that make a difference???
no , the level for that should be checked when running anyway , it drops when the engine is running .
normally if the front tyres are of a greater rolling diameter than the rears there will be problems with the torque split and the car will feel like it is " binding up "

#11 ·
Well checked my tyre condition today; and all tyres are at the same wear rate.

But it seems that most ppl have there gauge moving at some point or another.

Maybe I shouldn't be that worried.

An no wonder the oil should be checked when running, as now it's over the mark. Will take some out tomorrow.

Cheers anyway guys

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.