GTR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys!
I've posted here that I wanted to change my current twin plate clutch for it's rock hard characteristic on my GTR R32. This morning while test driving it, I encountered that there are times that shifting to 1st gear from neutral won't work! I stepped on the clutch pedal several times but the shift knob won't go to 1st gear! I tried going 2nd gear first then to 1st gear just to make the shift knob move...

Good thing I wasn't stalled.. quite embarrassing if that happens, especially on a GTR.
What do you think is the problem here? Clutch master?

Thanks hope you can help this newbie.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ummm anyone?...... Another clue is that if I stepped on the pedal and there is no rattling noise (w/c is usual on twin plates) that's the time the shift knob won't budge... I hope you can enlighten me a bit bros.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I have the same issue sometimes. I can shift to 1st when the car is rolling forward slightly, but when stationary it's a bit stiff. I find selecting 3rd before 1st helps.

I have Redline Heavy Duty in the 'box. Don't know if that's relevant or whether it's a clutch issue. I have a twin-plate too (Exidy)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the same issue sometimes. I can shift to 1st when the car is rolling forward slightly, but when stationary it's a bit stiff. I find selecting 3rd before 1st helps.

I have Redline Heavy Duty in the 'box. Don't know if that's relevant or whether it's a clutch issue. I have a twin-plate too (Exidy)
ok...so you shift your gear to 3rd first? Well I have a nasty experience w/ one of my test drive... coz when I got home I ended up having a minor bruise in my palm bec. of the 1st geat shift issue. lol!
But why is there no rattling noise sometimes when I step the clutch pedal? that's when the shift knob won't move.. I feel there is something not right. Or is it?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
is there any change in engine note or rpm (very slight) when you engage/disengage clutch?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
There is on mine, I'm pretty sure engine revs increase just a touch when I depress the clutch pedal in neutral.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
is there any change in engine note or rpm (very slight) when you engage/disengage clutch?
None... here's the thing, when there is rattling twin plate noise when I stepped on the clutch pedal, it shifts right... if there is no noise that's the time the shift knob won't go to 1st gear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts