GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi mates,
today I asked an A-Plan insurance agent for a quote related to a MY12 GT-R (just as trial, no plate no.).

8k miles/yr
fully covered
garage

Answer: £7,000 0_0

(Cayman S: £2,500 o_O)

I moved to UK at the beginning of January, I can provide only a statement of my previous Italian car insurance, 5 yrs without any claim.

Do you think this is a right quote?

·
Premium Member
5,889 Posts
Ageo

·
Premium Member
5,889 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
go elsewhere they are ripping you off for sure and they should be ashamed at themselves for quoting you such a ridicules price

·
Premium Member
5,889 Posts
try confused.com , will give you a load of firm's prices

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They told me every on line insurance company will refuse my italian insurance statement and give me an expensive quote... :mad:

·
Administrator
31,885 Posts
go elsewhere they are ripping you off for sure and they should be ashamed at themselves for quoting you such a ridicules price
:rolleyes: what a dumb comment. Insurance is based upon risk. If they don't want the risk they won't quote a low price. Try the competition but effectively you have Zero no claims and want to insure one of the fastest cars in the road. Can't blame them.

·
Premium Member
5,889 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mate, I have got a zero claim statement from my previous Italian insurance company, 5 years of no claims...

·
Administrator
31,885 Posts
They still might not accept that. The no claims system is purely voluntary. What did you drive previously?

·
Administrator
31,885 Posts
An insurance quote is based in multiple things. No claims is one factor but in all seriousness, climbing out of a Punto into a GTR will raise your premium. If you had previously insured performance cars then they take this into account along with your address and other "risks"

Have you tried greenlight, noël Dazely, adrian flux or anyone else yet?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Just asked Adrian Flux using their website.

It seems they are used to accept no claims statement from other countries...I will let you know, they should send me a quote by email.

Next week I will ask Sky...they quote only by phone.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Really? Do you mean the Italian one or also a UK no claim statement?

Does it matter? Abarth G.Punto.
Having living in Italy for a 1 1/2 yrs , I'm not surprised the don't honor your ncb ! Before you ask I lived in Lido di Jesolo, 40km from Venezia . Just because the italians are the makers of fine cars doesn't mean ye are superb Parker's

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Simply, I didn't get your point.
Do you think it is fair they don't consider my no claim statement?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Simply, I didn't get your point.
Do you think it is fair they don't consider my no claim statement?
Answering your question ( not trying to be argumentative ) Yes ! What I had from Ireland and the Uk meant nothing when I lived in Italy and when I moved to Australia , it meant nothing here ! I just got on with life , take it on the Chin n carry on :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
:rolleyes: what a dumb comment. Insurance is based upon risk. If they don't want the risk they won't quote a low price. Try the competition but effectively you have Zero no claims and want to insure one of the fastest cars in the road. Can't blame them.
so you think 7k is reasonable to insure a car for a year :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts