GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont add up.. its an old members car that was on here and sold it.
And went to have a look at it last night.
Before i take the plunge i need some help.

Ok the chap who is selling it says its done 52,000 miles But when it was sold in 2008 it was on 65,000 miles . ???
Also its had the power put up to 500 bhp

the chap says its got Nismo N1 up rated pistons
But when it was sold by l88gtr it was a standard engine.

Ok i dont know if the person who bought it from l88gtr put new pistons in it.
But from what the chap said to me was that everyting else was standard.

Ok i know the car is cheaper now but dont want to part with my cash as some thing just dont add up.

Help !!!

Thanks Ian.

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
If you know things aren't adding up like that then move on & find another as there are plenty of good examples out there currently.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
What has the owner said about these questions or havent you you asked him yet?

As for the N1 pistons...no way of telling I guess unless there is full receipts of purchase and fitment. Of course, he may mean N1 turbo's, not pistons. What turbo's has he said its got and what boost is it running?

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi phil, right he said its got hks ones , it has taken from old post.

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/84206-r33-gtr-v-spec.html

But he is a trader...

For sale is my totally stunning R33 GTR V-spec. The V-spec has lower suspension, active lsd, 4 wheel independent ABS braking system as well as other mechanical changes, as you can see, the V spec is the model to have with both better handling and performance.

This car was imported in 2006, sourced through a private importer for a sum of £14000.
On arrival it was fully under sealed and mapped for UK fuel, the Speedo was also converted into mph.

Since then this car has had thousands upon thousands to get it into the state of tune it is in today.

The spec

-Nismo N1 up rated pistons
Nismo N1 oil pump
-Nismo N1 water pump
-Tomie cams
-HKS down pipes
-HKS full racing exhaust system
-HKS turbines GT series
-HKS turbo elbows
-HKS 1.2mm metal head gasket
-HKS hard pipe kit
-HKS fuel pump
-HKS fine tune timing belt
-HKS kansai heave duty strut brace
-HKS polished uprated plenum
-Splitfire coil packs
-Sard 700cc injectors
-Nismo fuel pressure regulator
-GREDDY hose kit
-Mocal oil cooler
-Apexi twin induction kits with chrome polished pipes
-Apexi power FC –with hand controller
-GREDDY profec b boost controller
-GREDDY spark plus
-Greddy braided hoses
-OS Giken twin plate clutch
-Silkolene pro diff oil
-Motul dextron 3 transfer box fluids
-Motul dot 5.1 clutch fluid
-Genuine R34 GTR wheels with excellent tyres all round
-Brembo brakes with ferredo race pads
-TEIN SUPER STREET ADJSTABLE SUSPENSION

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
btw, how do you guys treat the odometer? I basically see it as utterly worthless - no Skyline in Korea with a mechanical odometer tells the truth. And whenever the speedo is replaced with a 260kph or 320kph unit, you're back to zero again.

·
Registered
3,803 Posts
Hence the amazing number of skylines with much lower than average mileage... It's like previous owners didn't like driving them. Ever. :chuckle:

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
My odometer reads 185,000km, and who knows how many were racked up on the original? I just assume the car itself is around 300-400,000km and work on it accordingly. Nissan makes good stuff - on my B13 Sentra (Nissan's cheapest car with an SR20DE shoehorned in), all the basic systems were still running strong when I sold it on with over 500,000km on the clock. I figure that all I really need is a spare climate control system and ABS unit, and I'm good for 500,000 more km. That's because damned near everything else has been replaced :p

·
Registered
96 Posts
Well, you could get a bore scope down the plug holes to check out the pistons, but i would tend to agree with most that it does not sound right to me with the mileage descrepancy etc so find another car.

Eddy

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Walk. You'll know when the right one comes your way and you get that fuzzy feeling.

If things don't add up and there are no answers to the questions then move on.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well i have had a pm from Lee last owner who said when he sold it it had 68k on it, now there reading 77k so that might be about right, But the bloke is trying it on. Drives nice and looks in good nik too.
But will ring the new owner late see how it goes.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I believe the current owner of that car is a member of Skyline-Owners-Club.co.uk Robbie GTR. But if your saying it's being sold from a Trader it's a bit of a surprise as I had no idea he was selling up.

I've seen the car at a few of the Sussex and Surrey meets and always looks in great condition. But I've no idea whats been done to it's engine internals.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
walk away would be my advice
yes but you say that about every secondhand car that anybody asks about that dosen't come from yourselves !!!..................

i also agree with kismet the milage readings on 10- 15 year plus old cars are generally worthless unless you have full service history..
mileage would not worry me one bit when buying a car ..check the condtion on the car and make your own descision on that basis....it's impossible for anybody on here to comment about an individual car unless they know the actual car in question .:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
Ask him what he has to say about the mileage issue, then ask for reciepts of the things he has claimed to bought.

Then if he has a genuine answer for both...why not...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts